FJ80 A/C Tubing ID Needed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I poked around for a while looking for a diagram which showed the a/c tubing that is leaking, but have not found a diagram which seems to have it. It is for my 1993 which has had its system upgraded to R134a. However, the stealer was not able to successfully find all the leaks and so I had to find it myself.

Do any of you know the part number of this tube or have a diagram that shows it? And then the tougher request... is anyone going to stock it?

Thanks for all the help over the years. Generally I find what I need without asking, but this time I had to come out of lurker-mode.

1993 fj80 ac tube leak.JPG

Thanks!

if the truck was an early 93 the pipes are different. those came with R12 and have different size fittings. is your AC dryer in the battery box or behind the bumper on the driver's side?

if the truck was an early 93 the pipes are different. those came with R12 and have different size fittings. is your AC dryer in the battery box or behind the bumper on the driver's side?

Not sure from his original post whether his system was 'converted' or entirely 'upgraded'. But you'd be the man to help him if you have the used part.

I was a little quick on the trigger. I ordered the part from Toyota overstock and they replied that it didn't appear that was correct for my VIN. Looking at the second diagram, it does appear more like the newer setup and I ordered that from Lewis Toyota in Topeka. @slow95z, I'll be sure to reach out in the near future for any other needs. Thanks for all or your help.

No man. I had a hell of a time finding a top plate for a compressor for my 93 years ago. The idiot I got the truck from took it off and tossed it.

This is why all pertinent info about your vehicle needs to be posted when asking for parts help. If your rig does not have the pipe I posted yesterday, it was probably always R134a.

Continuation of the saga. The part showed up and in the box looked good from the outside. I finally got a chance to put it on today and the fitting points are subtly different and naturally leak like a sieve.

More background: My '93 was an R12 system and was "upgraded". It never held even after I had them get back in there twice. The part I got says it is for '93-'97. Mine must be the earlier version. I had thought it was all switched out, but I guess not. Attached is a picture of the original fitting (kinda stepped) and the replacement part whose fitting receiver is slightly larger and smooth. The other end, not shown, is also slightly different and does not fit.

The new part, shown on the top is evidently 8871760690. Does anyone know the part number for the lower or have one for sale? Thanks!

IMG_5910.JPG

Just as another option, if you find a good AC place they can just tig a new section in there and pressure test it. Or I guess optionally cut off the correct ends and swap them on the new pipe. If you feel comfortable with it. Might be easier than tracking down the unknown part you need. Maybe...

Thanks, @maxamillion2345! I hadn't realized that was an option. That is a fine suggestion and a great way to deal with it.

Did the dealer request your VIN number when ordering the part?

If not, they ordered the wrong thing and should swap it out, even if it has been a while.

Did the dealer request your VIN number when ordering the part?

If not, they ordered the wrong thing and should swap it out, even if it has been a while.
Well, I kinda screwed myself there by attempting to make it fit by modifying it. Doh.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom