FJ62 with a 2F short block? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What I have:
89 FJ62 with 15k on a full engine rebuild. The rear main seal blew out and I lost oil pressure and now there is a knock. I was sick for a couple days and had thought about a 350 swap.

Now, I love the Toyota engines, so a Chev isn't going to happen. What I want to do is swap in a 2F short block under my 3F-E head. Parts are cheaper, the srtoke is longer and I think that my 3F block has an issue (possesed by a Fiat?)

Has anyone done this? Can someone help me out?

Arron
TLCA #14154
3F-E List

There was a guy who did the swap you are talking about, I think Slowspeed had the article. Seema like the only problem was the 2F is taller than the 3F and under the hood was tight. That is all I remember. Good luck, the durablity and power of a 2F and the smooth fuelie 3F nice combo.

I read something about this on the 3FE list a while ago. Or maybe it was in the 3FE archives at birfield.com. Try searching both of those, there was some good info.

Straight swap but use a late model 2F block. I think you will gain a bit of HP but the 2F weighs a bunch more and has a very different powerband and does not rev as high. It should be fine with the A440F but it will be different. There will be some issues with accessories but most should be easy to fix.

I love the 3F and would fix what ya got

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom