FJ62 to HJ62 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It may come to that, but cause the engine isn't placed yet I though I would try this first. The drive shafts are going to be modified any ways for SOA. Hey Able do you still have the FJ62, would you consider parting out some interior parts?

Got the parts truck today, so the next time I'm home we should start making some head way. Also Too Tall was right the booster is an inch shorter
DSC01833.JPG DSC01834.JPG DSC01835.JPG

I mention to Jay that when John and I had this problem we found a shorter HJbooster, but it was not enough, maybe engine 1.75" plus booster and an adapter.. I had mentioned the offset adapater at the start, only thing is he would have to loose the Denco intake pipes unlus he knows of some one who could shorten them and tig them...

The down side to this is it would be offset, making the inlet some what restrictive, the turbo does not have a lot of head room and cannot move very far upwards..

We went back and forth, I think the turbo flange adapter would be the way to go, Jay was determine to move the engine to make it fit...

Edit.. were looking for the easy solution, what about cutting the manifold at the flange and taking out a inch or two? That way you are not messing with the clocking of the turbo?

A stock HJ booster would help you out too . They are about 1.5 inches shorter than a 62 one and the vacuum pump will work better with the smaller diaphragm booster .

Well didn't get much done today, but I did manage to move the engine over 3/4 of an inch more and it is looking promising. I think another inch and we will be good. I'll be making custom mounts once I get it in position.

Now that you have the parts rig , do you still need the dash piece ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom