FJ62 Tanks Inc Module After a Year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
Was getting noise from the tank after retrofitting with Tanks Inc pump module last year. Ties strapping the pump to the return came off. Not impressed, so had an old return down coming metal tube and put it all back the way it was. Here is before and after. The adapter plate is from @tmxmotorsports and Deatschwerks pump replacing the Walbro and ditch the braided metal fuel lines for nylon from the lid to return regulator. If anyone sees an issue with the way I’ve got this ready to go back in let me know. I’ll spin the return back around to dump on sock.

C3C5E2F5-BB9A-4473-997C-7DC42B22D8B2.jpeg

9272F6AE-EFFA-4D82-A9E1-DDC8F95D9F17.jpeg

41DA0645-6214-4810-B125-07AF887CC4CA.jpeg

F2DCFCC0-F66F-47AE-AC66-196FA30DBA4C.jpeg

CB145019-CEB8-4E0C-BB98-FA09512298C6.jpeg

Do you have a write up of your original gas tank work? Reason I ask is that I'm trying to fix a rusty/leaky tank issue in my LS-swapped 62. I bought a brand new 60 tank and need an in-tank fuel pump solution. I'm looking at the Tanks Inc retrofit PA-2, but seems like you and some others give it mixed reviews. Plus, my 60 tank has an integrated reservoir tray, which I think will interfere with the PA-2 reservoir. Anyway, curious to know how you approached it.

Do you have a write up of your original gas tank work? Reason I ask is that I'm trying to fix a rusty/leaky tank issue in my LS-swapped 62. I bought a brand new 60 tank and need an in-tank fuel pump solution. I'm looking at the Tanks Inc retrofit PA-2, but seems like you and some others give it mixed reviews. Plus, my 60 tank has an integrated reservoir tray, which I think will interfere with the PA-2 reservoir. Anyway, curious to know how you approached it.
If I did it all over again today I’d have bought all Aeromotive stuff. Tanks is ok but by the time I finished gutting it again all I used was the pump house lid and @tmxmotorsports adapter. He sent me the adapter in a few days everything bolted up fine. Strap a good pump to the tube return and get a 10micron filter on the rails. I had so many issues with tank venting I ran the extra vent off the pump over and t’d into the separator. Be sure not the jam you pre filter into the bottom of the tank. Last guy did this and collapsed the plastic structure and was cavitating. I don’t have a full write up. Don’t buy Walbros pump, Denso is overrated and the Deatschwerks has worked perfect, Aeromotive because you call their tech support line and they answer their phones, Brett. Also Deatschwerks answers phone and email same day. The pump is silent. Full write up but you can message me I’ll send you all my photos. Final note is all this is not near as complicated as I thought.

IMG_4192.jpeg

IMG_4196.jpeg

IMG_4189.jpeg

Last edited:
If I did it all over again today I’d have bought all Aeromotive stuff. Tanks is ok but by the time I finished gutting it again all I used was the pump house lid and @tmxmotorsports adapter. He sent me the adapter in a few days everything bolted up fine. Strap a good pump to the tube return and get a 10micron filter on the rails. I had so many issues with tank venting I ran the extra vent off the pump over and t’d into the separator. Be sure not the jam you pre filter into the bottom of the tank. Last guy did this and collapsed the plastic structure and was cavitating. I don’t have a full write up. Don’t buy Walbros pump, Denso is overrated and the Deatschwerks has worked perfect, Aeromotive because you call their tech support line and they answer their phones, Brett. Also Deatschwerks answers phone and email same day. The pump is silent. Full write up but you can message me I’ll send you all my photos. Final note is all this is not near as complicated as I thought.

View attachment 3339399

View attachment 3339400

View attachment 3339401
Appreciate the plug man! Your tanks inc fuel pump failed?

Appreciate the plug man! Your tanks inc fuel pump failed?
It didn’t fail but got loud. Perhaps a lot of mixed reviews on the Walbro pump. Pretty much same setup with some minor changes to the pickup and vent lines. The Deatschwerks was one suggested about the time Denso had that recall so left that alone.

Edit: I have to say that the off-road shop that did the work 18 months ago did a poor job so some of the issues could have been craftsmanship

This is fantastic! Thanks for all of the lessons learned, Wester11.

I know the first one I used and made the adapter plate for is still going strong after 5 years and he drives from Texas to Colorado to Ohio all the time only problem being the por15 fuel tank stuff a section peeled of the tank and causing a blockage but same pump still going even after that he hasn't mentioned the pump being any louder tho but I will ask now if it has. And after the por stuff I will no longer use that tank product again...
Tommy

I know the first one I used and made the adapter plate for is still going strong after 5 years and he drives from Texas to Colorado to Ohio all the time only problem being the por15 fuel tank stuff a section peeled of the tank and causing a blockage but same pump still going even after that he hasn't mentioned the pump being any louder tho but I will ask now if it has. And after the por stuff I will no longer use that tank product again...
Tommy
Agree, I don’t think they are bad but when they start making a whine concerns me to take a trip. I kept that pump as backup.

Tommy
I recall reading either your review or that owners review of the Por15. I’d considered it until I realized my tank was super clean so wasn’t going to create any other complications. I had some minor stuff was able to clean.

Here’s the tub and inside pics from the last drop. The pre filter was from the first tank drop in 2021. Sorry for the duplicates. Recent pump change I also took the stainless braided lines off and put nylon braided Teflon lines on. Some of the pump sound and vibration was being transferred to the frame and could hear and feel it. Nolan pointed that out to me

Cruiser Rebuild (681).jpeg

Cruiser Rebuild (678).jpeg

Cruiser Rebuild (682).jpeg

Cruiser Rebuild (686).jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom