FJ62 Snorkel install writeup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dunbar

SILVER Star
Threads
I have the ARB snorkel waiting to go on my FJ62. Does anyone have a link to a good writeup with pics? A search turned up mostly FJ60 installs.

Thanks,

Dunbar

Just what I was looking for! Thanks much. If you make it to the Roundup I will buy you a beer.

Dunbar

Just what I was looking for! Thanks much. If you make it to the Roundup I will buy you a beer.

Dunbar

I am guessing that would be a long drive! :steer::steer::steer: (I'm in Northern Alberta)

Sixty two install is the same up to the point it connects to the airbox, then its much easier. Remove antenna and make your cuts

Dunbar, how did you end up plumbing your snorkel into your 3FE air cleaner? Pics?

LOL!!! Now I know were the sqeaking noise and nuts are coming from under my hood.:D

From the linked install thread.....
airbox_local.jpg

It's fairly straight forward. If you got the proper tools it shouldn't take longer than 2 hours start to finish.

here's how you do it.

this was pre-Weber/Empi carb set up. This 30' less vac hose on after the Empi install. Much cleaner engine.
DSC02545 copy.jpg

No. Thhose ar examples of an fj60. They have a different engine than an fj62. This is an fj62 thread.

Or at least the title is. :rolleyes:

if you bought the snorkel, it should of come with a full set of instructions w/pics

the way I understand the snorkel, it is the same install getting into the the engine bay, then depending on the 60 or 62, you get the hose to the air box.

Greg,

I have the snorkel still in the OEM box in my garage. It is waiting along with a FJ40 and a BMW convertible for a bit of wrenching time. I will look in the box for instructions from ARB. If I find them I will scan them and email them to you.

My right side fender has a bit of damage and I have a FJ60 fender to replace it if that is easier than the repair. That is the main reason why the snorkel has not been installed as of yet.

Cheers,

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom