Sound dampening install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ax0n

SILVER Star
Threads
Noico butyl/foil against outer skin, then Second Skin Melamine (Megazorb Pro), and patchwork Noico on the door under the door card.

YouTube link for sound

IMG_4807.jpeg

IMG_4808.jpeg

IMG_4806.jpeg

I used their MLV on the floor. The one that’s bonded to the closed cell foam - it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Feels like a yoga mat on one side and a wetsuit (sort of) on the other. Waiting for a set of @dnp ’s carpets to finish it up. If I hadn’t gotten several boxes of Noico for free I would have used their butyl product too. Supposed to be pretty good.

The carpets come with a jute mat for the back but I don’t think I will use it. Seems like it will just hold any moisture and with the butyl and MLV it seems thick enough already.

IMG_4732.jpeg

@ax0n Nice work, man. . .it'll be a drastic change when you get her all buttoned up.

I used their MLV on the floor. The one that’s bonded to the closed cell foam - it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Feels like a yoga mat on one side and a wetsuit (sort of) on the other. Waiting for a set of @dnp ’s carpets to finish it up. If I hadn’t gotten several boxes of Noico for free I would have used their butyl product too. Supposed to be pretty good.

The carpets come with a jute mat for the back but I don’t think I will use it. Seems like it will just hold any moisture and with the butyl and MLV it seems thick enough already.

View attachment 3514956
I used the Noico as well as the second layer. As far as the jute underlay on the carpet I think I removed some in spots as it’s just too thick. The carpet is designed for regular floor and the Noico takes up space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom