FJ62 LS Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I sold my 3FE and now regret it, since I now have a non-running 40 project in the driveway. If the 1F doesn’t have good compression, I may be looking for a motor…

PM me if you decide to sell it

Good luck on your swap!
I bought a 3fe set up from land cruiser parts.net to put in my fj40 but decided to go another route.... I would be willing to sell it if your still interested.... I know I’m late to the post but I was looking up ls swap threads and came across this

I bought a 3fe set up from land cruiser parts.net to put in my fj40 but decided to go another route.... I would be willing to sell it if your still interested.... I know I’m late to the post but I was looking up ls swap threads and came across this

I was able to rebuild my 1F head and have it on the road (somewhat) now. Is it a 3FE and auto?

Obviously I haven’t maintained this build thread like I had hoped. I meant to post updates as we went through the swap.

The swap has been completed for the most part for several months. There are a few things left to do, but I’ve been driving it without issues.

I’m going to try and post a few pics of it and point out some things that might be helpful to others attempting a LS conversion on a FJ62.

Here’s a Pic of the 4L60e mated to the T-case via the AA adapter
2E7BB542-412A-43B1-9CD4-B89908A47F7E.jpeg

And here’s it installed waiting for the 5.3

2F7E5AF0-E15D-46ED-8EC4-5A53F94C1747.jpeg

We used a spare aluminum LS block to use for fitment and to confirm engine mount location

As I said earlier, @cruisermatt was extremely helpful. He makes a really nice bracket that is straight bolt on to the 4L60e that locates the pivot point for the T-case shifter. Easy as pie.

A58EBEEB-12EA-46A0-8F40-EE86CE78BB13.jpeg

4A262BD6-ED6E-41DD-A302-DAF716DEA1C3.jpeg

As I said earlier, @cruisermatt was extremely helpful. He makes a really nice bracket that is straight bolt on to the 4L60e that locates the pivot point for the T-case shifter. Easy as pie.

View attachment 3040105
View attachment 3040106
That’s the same set up I got but my crossmember doesn’t reach across on the oem L brackets ... do you mind take a picture of the under side... would like to compare... I put one on here tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom