FJ62 in-tank Denso fuel pump - FYI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
So I looked back and found out that the different fuel pumps used in the FJ62 only need to have the appropriate filter mesh on them to work, but are otherwise cross compatible. I looked up the Denso pump and filter mesh on Norwalk (23220-16190 pump with 23217-61010 filter) and was surprised to see the pump itself is still almost $270. I did a little more digging and found the right kit direct from Denso here: https://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=13596

Obviously this is only the pump, gaskets, clamps and filter so you'd reuse your mounting bracket assembly, which hopefully isn't too corroded to reuse. If mine is okay I'm going to have it cleaned up and plated with new zinc and yellow chromate (or nickel if I can't find a zinc plater around here) to hopefully protect it for another good long time.

Really just posting this for informational purposes. Since I'm off for at least two weeks I'm hoping to get this knocked out for the sake of piece of mind in the long term.

Not saying this is the case, but Amazon is getting as bad as fleaBay with 3rd party sellers selling Counterfeit auto parts...

Just an FYI.

Hi, I've had no problems with Denso on Amazon. Mike

Not saying this is the case, but Amazon is getting as bad as fleaBay with 3rd party sellers selling Counterfeit auto parts...

Just an FYI.

i have personally been shipped counterfiet Toyota Genuine parts OIL filters on AMAZON usa site....

and

also

NipponDenso Rad. caps

the the stock photos on amazon show a real toyota parts / nippondenso caps

however , what i was shipped was notably different

amazon allowed me to Return both orders , and got full refunds also .......

good Tech .......

Last edited:
Hi, I've had no problems with Denso on Amazon. Mike

There are thousands of sellers on Amazon who only use Amz as a store-front. Amazon's algorithms determine what you see and whether or not you have prime. It's Russian roulette, sometimes. Check the seller carefully. Be wary of little or no feedback and overly-enthusiastic feedback ... Also, Amazon is now hiding Chinese sellers (shipping location).

I got some ersatz Motorcraft from Amazon that I returned, so it's not just Japanese stuff. Lots of Youtube vids on how to try and spot fakes, but your first and biggest clue will be PRICE!

IT'S DA WILD WEST OUT THERE!

There are thousands of sellers on Amazon who only use Amz as a store-front. Amazon's algorithms determine what you see and whether or not you have prime. It's Russian roulette, sometimes. Check the seller carefully. Be wary of little or no feedback and overly-enthusiastic feedback ... Also, Amazon is now hiding Chinese sellers (shipping location).

I got some ersatz Motorcraft from Amazon that I returned, so it's not just Japanese stuff. Lots of Youtube vids on how to try and spot fakes, but your first and biggest clue will be PRICE!

IT'S DA WILD WEST OUT THERE!
Yeah I try to make absolutely sure I avoid anything at all that comes from China. Not because of the virus itself, but because of many other reasons to not support a Communist regime.

Amazon is also taking forever to ship non essential orders now. I ordered a few things for my 62 1.5 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped and the expected delivery date is April 17th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom