FJ62 Flasher/Blinker relay… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jesus888

SILVER Star
Threads
Symptoms:
  • Blinker’s intermittently work correctly
  • Occasionally, when turn on, instead of blinking, the turn signal stays on.
  • Same with the hazard lights… when they work, they work properly, when they don’t, they either just stay lit or don’t turn on at all.
Assuming that I just need to replace the flasher relay, it seems fine, but it’s probably old. New ones are $60… any ideas of other cars that share the same part? Other suggestions?

Is there an easy way to bench test them?

6D3927A8-8317-45FC-8EA2-F6C4C3EE978A.png

2AD0A785-8A93-4EEC-9E40-EFBC6A8C6919.jpeg

Last edited:
I have seen green ones on ebay for about 20 bucks. Not sure of the quality.
Ordered an OEM used one… along with LED blinkers so I’ll be doing the mod and giving that a try later this week!

Hola! Were you happy with results of used OEM relay ? Also which relay is turning signal one?
I’m assuming left hand side front behind kick panel/or behind fuse box near steering wheel ?

Hola! Were you happy with results of used OEM relay ? Also which relay is turning signal one?
I’m assuming left hand side front behind kick panel/or behind fuse box near steering wheel ?

Very happy with some modification and I believe it's up under the dash if I remember correctly, between the steering wheel and the kick panel...

Very happy with some modification and I believe it's up under the dash if I remember correctly, between the steering wheel and the kick panel...
Good to know! Was it an Ebay find!?

Do you happen to know off hand which relay it was ?

FYI cutting that resistor out causes one of the transistors inside the flasher to see quite a bit more current. I suspect the longevity of the flasher would go down. How quickly that happens I couldn’t say. Depends on a lot of other factors like heat, corrosion in the rest of the wiring, etc.

Good to know! Was it an Ebay find!?

Do you happen to know off hand which relay it was ?
Yes it was purchased on ebay... the part number is 81980-22070

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom