FJ62 Center Consoles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who/what kind of center consoles are available for the FJ62? Im considering removal of the silly rear heater but just cant come to do it.
Wanted something truely secure/lockable, but see someone found a nice looking VDF alternative...What's out there?

I kind of remember seeing a tuffy style center console priced in the $200 range for fj60-62

you can look for center consoles that are made for jeeps and other vehicles, (make shure they have the proper dimensions,) and adapt it to the land cruiser.

Last edited:
I thought the Tuffy wouldnt fit the 62 with the heater and all...

I've had a Tuffy security console (012, single lid) in my Cruiser for about 8 years now, and I can't imagine giving it up. I even had to play with the location of the Marlin Toybox shifter to make sure I could keep the Tuffy. It's expensive, but worth it in my opinion, it holds a lot of gear securely, serves as a platform for mounting CB's, flashlights and switches, and has two *real* cupholders.

The VDP on that I installed and posted about has a very inexpensive lock. I am sure someone could just pry it open bare handed. It you are really worried about security, then go for the tuffy, ammo can, or build one.

Yeah, I had a Steel Horse (now VDP) in my old Jeep. Youre right on the cheap lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom