fj62 Build / resurrection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not noticed any real power loss and she rides pretty good. My springs are flat though. Im sure it will be alot better when I get my 2" lift springs on.

That's great. I was asking because I have read on here a lot that going to anything above 31's on a stock geared 62 is a no no because of power loss and stress on the drivetrain. I have an '89 and am shopping for a good tire and wheel combo. It is a DD also. :cheers:

Coming along nicely Scott.
Really like the black treatment around the glass.

That's a fine looking hood if I do say so myself :)

That's a fine looking hood if I do say so myself :)

Glad you posted up. Thanks again for the hook up on the hood!

Jason, thanks. Had to fix some rust holes around the rear windows. The paint is faded pretty bad so I did rust oleum bed liner in that section. I like how it looks like the 80 series. Plus I got set up with a hood that was in way better shape than the one I had that was blue. Painted it Berliner also. Eventually I'm going to fix the rust on he top of the fenders and extend the line all the way to the front so the truck will have a two tone scheme.

Fixed a front crank seal and finally got he new radiator in last week also.

image.jpg

What do you have in the swap if you don't mind?

A couple of hours of my time and two 13 mm nuts to attach the rear mounts to bolts that came off the seats. This swap is really as easy as removing the seat legs off the factory seats and bolting them onto the pt cruiser seats. A guy that buys junk cars and then parts then out down here gave me the seats. I saw the car sitting on his lot and saw it had good seats so I asked him how much he wanted for them. He told me he only deals with motors, tranny's, wheels, and body panels and crushes the rest. I was amazed that he didn't pull and sell seats. He said it was headed to the crusher and I could have the seats. From the thread in the 60 section it looks like people are getting the seats fairly cheap from lots where you pull your own parts.

I replaced the drivers seat in my wife's car for $25.00 at LKQ.

Gotta love the arm rest, center console in 60 series never made sense, especially for a driver. I hope they hold up Chrysler interior build quality sucks, but then again chevy isn't a ton better either.

Last edited:
Just read his instal, looks like a great option. I know upgraded seats in an older vhicle can make a world of difference and make you want to go out and drive it.

Looking good Scott!

Time for a new motor. We have a good 2F at the house. Looking to convert it with parts off this motor to make a 2FE. Goal is to get it on the road this winter.

My situation has changed drastically the last few months and I plan on doing a lot more wheeling next year. I hope to do the Relic Run and Over the mountain in the 62 and GSMTR and Logan's Run in the 40. Wish me luck.

Any advice on a 2FE conversion would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom