Fj62 52" LED light bar installed!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took most of the weekend but my eyourlife (amazon special) light bar is installed. I bought some rough country brackets for a Chevy Silverado and modified them to work on my rig. Wiring through the inside of the A pillar. Rocker switch on the dash.

1447090830184.jpg

1447090840613.jpg

Nice! I'm not a big fan of the bars mounted like that but I'm digging your set up, nice and low profile. I'd ask more about the mounts but I'm building a RR and will mount a 28" and 2x 7" there.

I'm not a fan of light bar look on those old style rigs but yours looks pretty good.. more detail on the brackets ..? ( detailed pictures )

To knock down hood glare I may have a friend of mine put a light coat of matte black rhino lining on the hood. It'll match the lower 1/3 of the body.

To knock down hood glare I may have a friend of mine put a light coat of matte black rhino lining on the hood. It'll match the lower 1/3 of the body.
I'm interested in your method of wiring route, as well as a follow-up on your hood glare solution?

image.jpeg
Nice! I'm not a big fan of the bars mounted like that but I'm digging your set up, nice and low profile. I'd ask more about the mounts but I'm building a RR and will mount a 28" and 2x 7" there.
Food For Thought .....
It's a little difficult to see in this photo but the light bar is actually recessed into the roof rack ( the upper bar of the roof rack sticks out approximately 2" beyond the light). This design should protect the rather expensive light bar from limbs and other hazards.

Had to fab up some brackets but just fill the gap below the roof rack.

Would I mount up there again? No. To much light reflection off the hood. That being said it will light the world up and it's not coming down

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

Last edited:
Absolutely do this. Otherwise the glare will be so bad you will hate using the light.

While it does not look at cool, mounting it as low on the roof as you can and further back, will allow the roof line to shadow the hood and avoid blasting it with light from the light bar.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom