FJ60Cam an' Fam Get High AF (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember doing a lot of this about 40 years ago before there were fences, safety signs, and barriers everywhere. Heading up Cheyenne Canyon was a normal Friday thing. I have a great pic of Sherry standing in front of Helen Hunt Falls back when you could walk right out to is and set out your picnic blanket :). Seven Falls is totally touristy now but I still like to go at Christmas. They light up the canyon and the reflections off the ice and snow are pretty neat. I still remember being amazed at the large trout swimming under the ice wishing I could sneak in and catch a few...

I remember doing a lot of this about 40 years ago before there were fences, safety signs, and barriers everywhere. Heading up Cheyenne Canyon was a normal Friday thing. I have a great pic of Sherry standing in front of Helen Hunt Falls back when you could walk right out to is and set out your picnic blanket :). Seven Falls is totally touristy now but I still like to go at Christmas. They light up the canyon and the reflections off the ice and snow are pretty neat. I still remember being amazed at the large trout swimming under the ice wishing I could sneak in and catch a few...

No ice yet, but there were some HUGE rainbows swimming around! (guess I saw double rainbows after all!)

6C895ECC-D213-4642-AB0C-D6F1E8CFB17E.jpeg

These picture heavy threads are so much better on a computer screen vs a phone.

This is funny, because I only take phone pictures these days, and do all the posting from my phone. I’ll have to go rustle up a computer.

Here’s the last few pics:

View from the Airbnb’s driveway...

890349F0-712B-42B9-9DCC-317CF363F565.jpeg

3EF5B804-FEC7-44BA-BFCA-D595069DFF30.jpeg

Adios...

90C6FF04-7E63-4D82-99BD-EC03F71D9106.jpeg

77E4F182-20F9-4295-9516-0CDAA12A8936.jpeg

Where was that good burger in Manitou Springs?

Creekside:

Creekside Cuisine
934 Manitou Ave, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
(719) 344-5801

Google Maps

Make sure to get a few sips of the natural spring seltzer water right outside for good luck :grinpimp:

With our buzzes from the last trip long worn off, and OPH not yet manifested as reality, we were long overdue to get highAF again.

C77EE092-106E-40FF-B934-69494D714DEC.jpeg

Loving our CA portion of the trip two years ago, we decided to spend this whole vacation on the West Coast this time. We would split our time evenly between Lake Tahoe and the Bay Area, leveraging our Cruiser contacts to their full advantage.

Flight choices out of Memphis suck these days, and our best bet for getting to SLT at a reasonable time meant a Saturday 6am flight.

With alarm clocks set for 0-dark:30, we tried to sleep late Friday night after getting packed...

One of us set our alarm for the correct 3:45 wake-up call, but apparently turned it off without ever waking up. We were sleeping really well when my wife’s alarm goes off AN HOUR LATE, and we realize we only have 40 minutes to get ready, drive to the airport, check in, wait in line for a TSA fondling, and run to the gate for our 5:30 boarding.

%#?!!

We are screwed.

With visions of missing our first flight and the resulting chain reaction of doom dancing in our head, our best hope is that the airport will be empty since these are the first flights out on a Saturday morning and we can breeze through without a hitch.

We scramble to quickly get the kids up, pack the last few things in our bags and leave the house.

We looked like sh!t, but we made it out of the house in 12 minutes and only forgot a few things.

Last edited:
5:02 AM

The fate of our vacation and (lack of) oxygen-induced buzzes looking uncertain, I try to give my family some inspiration. “Our entire lives have been spent in preparation for this very moment. We are trained for this, now it is time to execute.”

Luggage stuffed in the trunk, our confused dogs tossed out into the dark backyard for the house sitter to find later, we jump in the car and peel out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom