18th Annual Southern Cruiser Crawl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crawl23 5.jpeg

See yawl Wednesday afternoon.

IMG_5895.jpeg

Last edited:
1…

crawl23 1.jpeg

I'm so disappointed right now. I was well on my way. 10 1/2 hours into the 14 hour drive, I got a call from my wife that she had injured her leg going down our stairs. She initially thought she had torn her achilles. She called a friend to help get her to Urgent Care while I pulled over and waited to hear back. The news was at least somewhat positive. A badly strained calf muscle / possible tear, but at least her achilles isn't torn. However, with a contractor doing a lot of work in our house and 3 pets to deal with and she can barely put weight on her leg, I made the difficult decision to turn around and head back home.

It's a really crappy turn of events made even worse by the fact that I stupidly managed to mangle the tailgate on my tow rig while on a gas stop. The lesson.....if you drop the tailgate to drain the melted ice water out of your cooler while gassing up, make SURE you put the tailgate back up before pulling your truck around to park while pulling a trailer.

So......nearly 1,500 miles driven. Hundreds spent on gas. One mangled tailgate that won't be cheap to fix. I didn't even get to see the campground. Have fun everybody. I'll get another shot next year. Hopefully it'll turn out differently.

Friday night Catfish at 7
Saturday night BBQ 630
Raffle afterwards

crawl23 meal times.jpeg

Had a blast as usual. Thanks to everyone who puts this shindig on........and special thanks to @Bodean for telling everyone to hold off on seconds at dinner Sat night until we got back. I know how that usually goes when you have to make that announcement. :rofl: :rofl:

Just a few of the pics I took.........
71875935535__AB9C04AC-1317-46FB-9EBC-67DEC8DE0FB3.JPG
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg

I'm so disappointed right now. I was well on my way. 10 1/2 hours into the 14 hour drive, I got a call from my wife that she had injured her leg going down our stairs. She initially thought she had torn her achilles. She called a friend to help get her to Urgent Care while I pulled over and waited to hear back. The news was at least somewhat positive. A badly strained calf muscle / possible tear, but at least her achilles isn't torn. However, with a contractor doing a lot of work in our house and 3 pets to deal with and she can barely put weight on her leg, I made the difficult decision to turn around and head back home.

It's a really crappy turn of events made even worse by the fact that I stupidly managed to mangle the tailgate on my tow rig while on a gas stop. The lesson.....if you drop the tailgate to drain the melted ice water out of your cooler while gassing up, make SURE you put the tailgate back up before pulling your truck around to park while pulling a trailer.

So......nearly 1,500 miles driven. Hundreds spent on gas. One mangled tailgate that won't be cheap to fix. I didn't even get to see the campground. Have fun everybody. I'll get another shot next year. Hopefully it'll turn out differently.

Hope your wife gets better. That’s a LOnG drive to have to turn around on.

Well yawl home late yesterday afternoon.
Uneventful drive home…… THANK YOU BABY JESUS!

As many know, I was loaded pulling out and truck pulled code and went into limp mode. Well just so happens, good buddy HARTWELL just got a new feed truck, well, come get it, 466 miles on it. Here we go, get it, arrive at park and buggy, fuel pump is dead, as in brand new and won’t come off trailer. I was beyond done, well, Austin his son, removed bad one and installed new on given to me.

Can’t say enough about people and how many hugs were given. From OG’s like Beno, Bomar, Cam, and many others…. It’s good for soul.

Best part was talking to friend wife, who never had been, 1st time, she said everyone is so nice and giving……

That’s what this event started about and has continued to be about.

Carry on, I have something in my eye..

Hope your wife gets better. That’s a LOnG drive to have to turn around on.

Thanks Nolen. She's getting around a lot better now than when I got home on Thursday, so I think we dodged a bullet.

It definitely is a long drive. My total round-trip was just under 1,500 miles. Left around 4am on Wednesday. Made it back home Thursday afternoon with just a quick few hours sleep in a Super8 in Tennessee. I did get to hit Buc-ee's three times during the drive, so that's a plus.....I guess.

Unpacked my unused camping gear on Friday. Sat around the Solo stove in my driveway that evening drinking some of the beer out of my cooler. Something tells me it wasn't quite the same as being there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom