FJ60 vs. FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what accounts for the extra 220lbs that the 62 weighs? It's listed at 4480, compared to 4260 for the 60. Also, the Specter catalog says that the 2F engine is more powerful than th 3F-E, (165HP vs. 155), but I've read from other sources that the 2F is 135HP. Any other comparisons and pros and cons of either model are also invited here. Thanks.

the 62 has a 5 speed automatic transmission vs. 4 speed standard for the 60,
square headlights on the 62 vs. round on the 60
fuel injected for 62, carburated for the 60
extra weight probably comes from the engine?
think the bodys the same for the most part.

naw its gotta be them egglegtrik winders and door locks...and mirrors :flipoff2:

[quote author=thorvald link=board=1;threadid=6922;start=msg56991#msg56991 date=1067535314]
the 62 has a 5 speed automatic transmission vs. 4 speed standard for the 60,
[/quote]

Was not aware that there is a five speed auto in these. I have only driven/worked on the four-speed auto equipped 62 series here in the US.

-Steve

ok buy the 62 but put the 60 headlights in it and throw in a 4 speed autos are for girls...

It all depennds on what the heck you want to do with it. I would say that if you live in the city and majority of your travel will be in town, buy a 62. However, if you live in the country, buy a 60. Drving a stick in trafic is super annyoing. If you want to do any really hard core off roading in the future, go for a 40. I bought a 60 and im now really wishing i had bought a 40.

zuluzeugma that what is great about owning the 60 the 4 speed baby, thats what gives it that old classic feel. anf if your having trouble offroad do soa on it will kick the snot out of anything stock.

ps i alomst have every simpsons show on tape.. if i die i want to come back as homer....:)

So, the consensus seems to be that the extra weight is due to the auto tranny and the square headlights. Ha! One difference not mentioned yet that is significant, at least for family men, is that the 62 has shoulder belts in the back while the 60 only has lap belts. IMO a stick shift is fun in quick little car, but a monster rig like a cruiser is better off with an auto. I also prefer EFI over a carb. Seems like the 60 has a lot of old technology, so might as well look at a 55 too if you're so inclined.

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=6922;start=msg57268#msg57268 date=1067576638]
if i die i want to come back as homer....:)
[/quote]

We've all already died and come back as Homers.

[quote author=89GASHOG link=board=1;threadid=6922;start=msg57822#msg57822 date=1067705765]
So, the consensus seems to be that the extra weight is due to the auto tranny and the square headlights. Ha! One difference not mentioned yet that is significant, at least for family men, is that the 62 has shoulder belts in the back while the 60 only has lap belts. IMO a stick shift is fun in quick little car, but a monster rig like a cruiser is better off with an auto. I also prefer EFI over a carb. Seems like the 60 has a lot of old technology, so might as well look at a 55 too if you're so inclined.
[/quote]

OLD tech.... i think this should read "good reliable, bulletproof, and easily repairable technology :)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom