FJ60 tranny mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Looks like there are two different part #'s based on year (11/1984) for the 60 series tranny mounts.

From what I am seeing the only difference is how they bolt to the crossmember. Either a flat xmember or a angled X member. Is that correct? The bolt spacing from mount to the tranny is the same?

I'm building a custom x member and using advance adapter part # 50-0408A So "original" xmember design is not as important. I'd rather have a flat bottom for the mount for ease of building. Although if there is a specific reason to go with the angled mount I'd love to know it.

50-0408A : 1997 & up GM 4L60E/ 4L65E 4 speed automatic transmission to the 1980-89 Land Cruiser 19 Spline transfer case,adapter kit. | Advance Adapters

Earlier Mount
389a4c938be54f3a88dec02923820b11.jpg

Later mount
14b8d26e505bcaeda303a885fb018622.image.750x353.jpg

The later version mount (flat bottom) is better. When Toyota updated the design of the crossmember on the late 85 and later cruisers to accommodate the longer H42 w spacer, they started from scratch - back to the drawing board- with the new crossmember and mount design. It's version 2.

Also the later flat bottom mount makes for a great transmission jack platform to securely attach the transmission to the jack. It's easy to mount to a transmission jack because the bottom is flat.

So, are the mounting holes to the transmission the same between the two mounts?

Well (by deduction) there was only one H42 transmission, so the threaded mount holes in it are all going to be the same distance apart. Both mounts will fit (if I'm deducing correctly). But I don't have two to compare side by side - so take my deducing for what it is.

That's about what I expected and am running off of the same thought process. I just wanted someone to hold my hand and tell me it's gonna be okay ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom