Wanted FJ60 Manual (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need a MINT pre-79 frame in Mid-atlantic area

Anyone have, or know of, a very nice to Mint frame for sale for a pre-79 fj40? I'm building a 76 up from scratch and the frame I have ain't as perty as I'd like.

Thanks
Todd
coachconverter@aol.com

BTW, I've got tons of parts for trading!

Hand throttle

Inquired again from SOR just to see what they had. Here is their response from today! :

[glow=red,2,300]Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:17:16 -0800
To: "David Burica" <buricadg@yahoo.com>
From: "SOR Technical Assistance" <tech@sor.com> Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: In Dash Hand throttle

Our information is for the USA model that the hand throttle was under
dash
on a bracket. The units we have in stock are this type, and are too
short
to retrofit in the dash. We are not able to explain the drawing in the
owners manual that you have.
Regards,
Tech[/glow]

So you see why I am glad you have this!

Re:Need three (or more) FJ60 Stock Rims...

Did you get my email? $20.oo each or $60.oo for all four, plus shipping. I have boxes so you are
" only" looking at UPS charges from Idaho 83204. JL

Master Cylinder

I am also looking for
-4WD embelem on the rear
-tail light housings

Thanks

Re:Need three (or more) FJ60 Stock Rims...

[quote author=Lost_crusiers link=board=6;threadid=12506;start=msg115132#msg115132 date=1078436964]
Did you get my email? $20.oo each or $60.oo for all four, plus shipping. I have boxes so you are
" only" looking at UPS charges from Idaho 83204. JL
[/quote]

JL,

Didn't get your e-mail...Please see your Private Mail - I sent a message. Pls call me.

Thanks,

Mike

Hand throttle

I know that the only knobs under the dash of the 68 I tore down were the vacuum 4wd shifter, and the cowl vent. (it was a functional one too) This knob and cable came off the dash and through the fire wall to da motor.

sent you a PM. need your zip to figure shipping.

:beer:

Need a MINT pre-79 frame in Mid-atlantic area

A guy I bought a 75 from had a frame from a 78. it looked real good, was blasted and painted. He was looking to get rid of it quick. (This was a few Months ago)

Hes in Kent OH. I dont know if he still has it or not

Email is jetfuelburner@msn.com His name is Mike. Hes a Stand up Guy.

BTW, do you want to get rid of your outer rockers? different post said you had some new ones. I need some. Thanks Warren. Im in Columbus

Re:Wanted: 80 Series (95-97) OEM running Boards..

I have some boards from a 1997. Missing the front cap on the passenger side. Otherwise in good shape. In atlanta
Thanks
John

Re:Wanted: 80 Series (95-97) OEM running Boards..

I have some boards from a 1997. Missing the front cap on the passenger side. Otherwise in good shape. In atlanta
Thanks
John

Re:parts

I've got a spare 4wd emblem from the tailgate of an FJ55 if that works for you.

Re:Gears for my FJ-60

I've got a set from an '76 FJ55 (4.11). I don't know if they are fine spline or not. I'll swap for 3.70's. I'm looking for better road speeds and low end torque with the diesel is no problem! I'll be in Sacramento in mid March if you'd like to swap.

75 or pre-75 hardtop for an fj40

My brother is looking for a decent hard top for his 75 fj40. Wants to get the older style with hatch back to minimize mods. He has a factory soft top but wants to convert. He has found a couple, but they are too far to drive and shipping is rediculous. Anyone have one close to Utah?

Hand throttle

Through the dash and to the carb linkage? Hmm. I thought it would go to the pedal. How did it hook into the accellerator linkage? I wondered if it might do that.

Hand throttle

It was hooked to a 1BBL F motor which is long gone. I think it was hooked in just like a manual choke would, but to the linkage of the part of the carb that gives it gas. if you cant tell I am horrible at Technical writing.

Maybe someone else has a photo of how theirs works and could post up.

I need front disk brakes!!

I have a complute front axle out of a 79 FJ55 if your still looking for a disc front. I'm in St. Louis, MO. I don't know what it will cost to get it to you, -shipping may be prohibitive. Let me know if your interested.
Simon

you can PM me or call if you like.
cell 314-922-9596

WTB: 80 series trailer hitch wiring harness

I'm looking for a factory trailer hitch wiring harness for a late model (95-97) 80 series. If you have one available (or know someone who does) please let me know.

Thanks!
Faron

Gears for my FJ-60

I'm about an hour and a half from Sac. I'm very interested. I have a decent shop here at the house. I suggest you come by and we switch third members right here. Drive in drive out.

I will post on the tech forum and find out for sure if they are both fine spline. Let me know if this scenario looks OK.

e-mail me direct with anything troy@mopar.gardnerville.nv.us

Gears for my FJ-60

Troy-I can tell you the answer. The swap you propose will work since the SIDE gears are all fine spline. The problem is that the PINION splines are coarse on the '76 and fine '86. The driveshaft flanges are all wrong and can't be swapped and you would need to buy new ones. What you want are 1978 3rd members. These are 4.11, and have the stronger and more desirable fine spline pinion. Then you could also swap the flanges directly so the drive shaft bolt pattern would not be an issue. I did this swap on my FJ60 and it's sweet. I was able to find the elusive '78 3rd members.

2F in Windy City or UP area

i have a complete 2f eng that has been desmogged with chenowith rebuilt carb has 70,000 miles runs good and was recentely removed for 78 fj40 I will possibly be in the chicago are in the next few weeks delivering a tub please email if interested asking $700.00 dmtparks@msn.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom