FJ60 LS conversion and trail tailor coil conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I started disassembling Fj60 a couple of weeks ago. I'm going with marks v8 conversion kit and because i'm taking the front fenders off I decided to put trail tailor coil kit on as well. I had a lot mounts I need to cut off my frame to get it ready motor and coils mounts. I cut off reverse shackle mounts, rear leaf spring mounts and shock towers. I motor I decided to go with is a 2002 lm7 5.3 from bows auto it has 122000 miles on it with a 1 year warranty it just arrived. I stared to weld in the rear control arm brackets on and before I weld in the coil bucket I will dry fit the LS and then weld on the motor mount brackets.

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3413 (1).jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

Just the front for now using Trail Tailor coil kit using a 80 axle that I pick up that I'm rebuilding and putting a arb locker.
I'm have purchased dobinsons coils w 4" lift and supperpro control arms (radius arms).

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

Last edited:
I been working for a few days on getting the engine align and tac in.
After dry fitting 10+ time it feels like finally burned in all the mounts and brackets for engine and coil front axel.
Now i'm working on rebuilding the front axel finishing putting in the locker setting backlash and marking the gears for wear.
I was hoping to finish the front end tomorrow tell I snapped the ARB bulkhead fitting on the third member s***.
I order the bulkhead fitting and hopefully get it this week and maybe have the front axle mounted in the frame next weekend.

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

Put my axel in today and started working on the brake line.

View attachment 2269306

View attachment 2269307

Lookin good LJ.

What year is the frame? Looks like a early 4 bolt steering box.

Looking forward to to getting your thoughts on the coil set-up up front.

You have a plan together for the drivetrain?

V8 and coils up front are a plan for my 60 at some point.

-Dave

Not sure on that year the frame is it's been through a lot of changes over its live.
I think it's a 86 and it could be a 82 frame with 86 body or the other way around ?
4 bolt steering box and I have a h55 in it so I just need to have my front drive shaft modified hopefully just shorted.
The Trail Tailor coil kit is pretty straight forward.
For the kit you need complete 80 axel, hollows, control arms, pitman arm, springs and you have to redesign the brake lines so far.

IMG_3510.jpg

Last edited:
Started working last week so didn't work on the LC as much as I wanted to. This weekend finished the putting together the front locker and installing it.
Had my brief machined at work in between 13mm16mm for the free hubs. Repack all the bearings replaced all the seals and put new rotors on.
Put new tie rod on and did a hillbilly alignment.

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom