Fj60 Hatch Lock Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve had my whole 60 re-keyed a while back for all the keys to match. I’ve never been able to get the hatch to lock. Well after some research found out that you give it a half turn clockwise, and pull the key out. Which I thought “Dummy me! That’s it!” Get to the truck and... Nope still doesn’t lock. Press the key cylinder after its “locked” and still opens. So looking at it mechanically I believe everything is there. But I just don’t understand the way it should function mechanically to prevent the button from moving. So here’s some pictures and maybe I’m just missing something or I re-something is installed wrong? When locking it the rod turns on the inside of the cylinder but I don’t grasp why that would lock it??
A7864841-116D-4B44-A2AB-02F0345E65CC.jpeg
ADDFE2A2-7595-41FA-B1C8-7FE7A54413D5.jpeg
C3634846-ED68-4D0C-A25D-657F2FFCA764.jpeg

Even when brand new and functioning correctly, that lock cylinder is child's play for a thief to pop open. Either don't store anything valuable in the cruiser or install a 2nd lock with Pewag 12mm chain to prevent the hatch from opening fully.

Counter clockwise to lock
Gotcha, so I’m guessing it should be vertical to horizontal? I’m guessing my cylinder is rotated wrong when I put it back in.

Even when brand new and functioning correctly, that lock cylinder is child's play for a thief to pop open. Either don't store anything valuable in the cruiser or install a 2nd lock with Pewag 12mm chain to prevent the hatch from opening fully.
Well just trying to keep the honest people honest for now. But I’ll definitely look into that some too!

Vertical is locked on a stock setup. Horizontal should push in and open. @ToyotaMatt is The Dude when it comes to this kind of thing - if it's more than just orientation or "operator error" he can help.

Vertical is locked on a stock setup. Horizontal should push in and open. @ToyotaMatt is The Dude when it comes to this kind of thing - if it's more than just orientation or "operator error" he can help.

Okay, good to know! Mine is set in vertical then clockwise to horizontal. But either way doesn’t lock. I may need to get with him then and try to figure out where my problem is.

So I’ve had my whole 60 re-keyed a while back for all the keys to match. I’ve never been able to get the hatch to lock. Well after some research found out that you give it a half turn clockwise, and pull the key out. Which I thought “Dummy me! That’s it!” Get to the truck and... Nope still doesn’t lock. Press the key cylinder after its “locked” and still opens. So looking at it mechanically I believe everything is there. But I just don’t understand the way it should function mechanically to prevent the button from moving. So here’s some pictures and maybe I’m just missing something or I re-something is installed wrong? When locking it the rod turns on the inside of the cylinder but I don’t grasp why that would lock it?? View attachment 2374958View attachment 2374959View attachment 2374960View attachment 2374958

Has This been Addressed yet ?
Yes sir it has. I took it apart after trying the key again to be sure. I was going to take the assembly off again and just try to figure it out somehow. But figured I should just take pictures and post on here before fiddling around with it forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom