FJ60/FJ62 Seat Mount Brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are the seat mounting brackets different on a FJ60 and FJ62? I picked up a set of Corbeau seats from a fellow mudder and it came with Corbeau 86+ seat mounting brackets. After putting the seats in my FJ62, i found out the brackets dont line up/not even close. I checked Corbeau's site and it says they work for 86-90 cruisers, but i dont think that is the case. Anyone else install Corbeau seats in a FJ62? I'm thinking if i can find a pair of stock mounts (mine went with my stock seats to someone else), i could mod those to fit the Corbeau's.

Thanks
John

There was definetely a change in the floor pans at some point. I did a writeup of how I fitted my after market seats and a few people told me that their seat mounts were different.

I know that 60's have their bottle jack under their driver's seat and 62's have it mounted in the rear.

Got an answer back from Corbeau. Floor pan changed in May of 86. Even thought my brackets say LC 86+, they were miss labeled. Ones I have are for a 80-86. Might try to fab up a set or cut up these corbeau brackets. Thanks for the help guys.

Got an answer back from Corbeau. Floor pan changed in May of 86. Even thought my brackets say LC 86+, they were miss labeled. Ones I have are for a 80-86. Might try to fab up a set or cut up these corbeau brackets. Thanks for the help guys.

Wow sorry about that, :frown:the bracket said it would fit your rig thought at most it would just be bending that back part. And everyone you guessed it I'm the one he got the Corbeau's from we sure thought it would bolt right in for him. I had to cut up the brackets from his seat to mate with the wagon gear storage box there was not a way to seperate what I needed, If there had been I could just send him the parts that didn't work on mine.

Wow sorry about that, :frown:the bracket said it would fit your rig thought at most it would just be bending that back part. And everyone you guessed it I'm the one he got the Corbeau's from we sure thought it would bolt right in for him. I had to cut up the brackets from his seat to mate with the wagon gear storage box there was not a way to seperate what I needed, If there had been I could just send him the parts that didn't work on mine.

Don't worry about it Doc. Its all good. I'll play with it some more this weekend and get it sorted out. Still heck of a deal.

Don't worry about it Doc. Its all good. I'll play with it some more this weekend and get it sorted out. Still heck of a deal.

OK but I am still bummed I was floored when I read the post. Hope the wife and kids are doing fine, I'm stuck in the other end of the state for a while but when I get back up in your area we do lunch dinner some kind of excuse to get out of the house and swap tales. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom