FJ62 Side mirror - glass bracket fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I'd share the a fix I did for my manual FJ62 mirrors that I'm running. While driving a few weeks back the glass was getting VERY wobbly, turns out the brackets on the back had broken and the mirror was holding on by hopes and dreams. To fix it I copied my passenger mirror bracket into a 3d model and 3d printed the replacement. Used some 5min epoxy to secure it in place and it's rock solid again. There are some fingers on the bracket that help grip and locate the bracket correctly. You also have to completely remove the old bracket so it's nice and round.

Here are a few pics of the process and I'd be happy to send a bracket or two for those that run into a similar problem

Broken Bracket.jpeg

Bracket Final.jpeg

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 11.55.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 11.54.25 AM.png

Sharing the STL file for personal use only

Attachments

• Mirror bracket.stl
    263.5 KB · Views: 48
Thought I'd share the a fix I did for my manual FJ62 mirrors that I'm running. While driving a few weeks back the glass was getting VERY wobbly, turns out the brackets on the back had broken and the mirror was holding on by hopes and dreams. To fix it I copied my passenger mirror bracket into a 3d model and 3d printed the replacement. Used some 5min epoxy to secure it in place and it's rock solid again. There are some fingers on the bracket that help grip and locate the bracket correctly. You also have to completely remove the old bracket so it's nice and round.

Here are a few pics of the process and I'd be happy to send a bracket or two for those that run into a similar problem

View attachment 3532122

View attachment 3532123

View attachment 3532125

View attachment 3532126

Sharing the STL file for personal use only
Greetings from Panama, Central America. Would you have the STL file for the entire original bracket?
BTW, great fix for a bracket with broken fixing lugs.
My bracket is shattered in 5 pieces.

IMG_20240217_182455.jpg

That said, I need to 3D print the complete original Toyota bracket, or I'd be looking at $150 replacement side mirror manual assembly.

I don't have the full bracket modeled as I just needed to replace the "wings". I use Fusion360 and could share the file with you if you wanted to continue modeling the rest of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom