FJ60 engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My friend recently got a FJ60 from another guy we know who was fed up with it, it was in a wreck and the cost to repair it outweighed the cost of the vehicle. Anyway the engine is apparently pretty good. its a 1985. Like I said I know the guy who owned this FJ60 and the engine seems in pretty good shape. He said I can get it for a couple hundred dollars. Whatis involved other than the given that would be involved in the swap. I have a 1969 FJ40. I'd like to keep the three speed or a four speed if I can find it for it. Will that work, the 60 engine has an automatic which I don't want. Also are there any major obstacles that I am likely to encounter?

If it has an auto behind it, and it's stock, that makes the engine a fuel injected 3fei, which would be a large chore to fit into you 69...not impossible, just a lot-o-wiring...I think it's a poor choice for a 40, but that's just my opinion...Alan

And correct me if im wrong, they didnt put 3efi's in 60's, just 62's....i agree bad choice

ok, can you elaborate on the reason its a bad choice? and also why is it a bad engine for a 40?

:DHey guys,
I was actually just going to post that I was looking for a 3FE engine for an 89 I bought thinking I was going to rebuild it, and I just don't have the time right now. Anyway I was thinking that if you decided not use it on account of it being too big I would love to buy it, tack on a little more to the price even. Buy the way where are you located? Best of luck to you reguardless, take care.
ERICH :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom