FJ60 engine

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ScarboDP, Mar 1, 2003.

1. ScarboDP

ScarboDP

My friend recently got a FJ60 from another guy we know who was fed up with it, it was in a wreck and the cost to repair it outweighed the cost of the vehicle. Anyway the engine is apparently pretty good. its a 1985. Like I said I know the guy who owned this FJ60 and the engine seems in pretty good shape. He said I can get it for a couple hundred dollars. Whatis involved other than the given that would be involved in the swap. I have a 1969 FJ40. I'd like to keep the three speed or a four speed if I can find it for it. Will that work, the 60 engine has an automatic which I don't want. Also are there any major obstacles that I am likely to encounter?

2. Mavric1298

Mavric1298

wait, it has an auto behind it? are you sure about this?????

3. Chef

Chef

If it has an auto behind it, and it's stock, that makes the engine a fuel injected 3fei, which would be a large chore to fit into you 69...not impossible, just a lot-o-wiring...I think it's a poor choice for a 40, but that's just my opinion...Alan

4. Mavric1298

Mavric1298

And correct me if im wrong, they didnt put 3efi's in 60's, just 62's....i agree bad choice

5. ScarboDP

ScarboDP

ok, can you elaborate on the reason its a bad choice? and also why is it a bad engine for a 40?

6. ERICH

ERICH

:DHey guys,
    I was actually just going to post that I was looking for a 3FE engine for an 89 I bought thinking I was going to rebuild it, and I just don't have the time right now. Anyway I was thinking that if you decided not use it on account of it being too big I would love to buy it, tack on a little more to the price even. Buy the way where are you located? Best of luck to you reguardless, take care.
    ERICH :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.