FJ60 disk break backplate eliminator kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody used any of the third party back plate eliminator kits when servicing your steering knuckles? I am interested on figuring out how to solve the break line mounting brackets issue that mount onto the back plates.

These back plate eliminator kits are just a metal ring that takes the place of the backing plate. However on some FJ60s there is a bracket that holds the break line and attaches to the back plate. If I go with one of these back plate eliminators, how am I supposed to re-attach the brake line bracket?

If you can share pics of what your setup looks like would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I recently redid my brakes and got the braided hoses for the back plate delete from SOR and left the plate, just bypassed it. Worked well for me.

Sorry not being a smart ass but what's the issue with the backplate and why would you want to eliminate it??

Sorry not being a smart ass but what's the issue with the backplate and why would you want to eliminate it??
Mine are destroyed. The eliminators help keep crap out . This is what I hear on this site. Not being a smart ass either - you should search the subject here. There’s lots of preferences…

Mine are destroyed. The eliminators help keep crap out . This is what I hear on this site. Not being a smart ass either - you should search the subject here. There’s lots of preferences…

I didn't think to search as I've been driving landcruisers for 15 years including my work one which I drive off road most days of the week and I've never seen or heard of a rock getting in there and damaging anything.

I didn't think to search as I've been driving landcruisers for 15 years including my work one which I drive off road most days of the week and I've never seen or heard of a rock getting in there and damaging anything.
This website is the best resource for learning new s*** about land cruisers - I learn something new every time I search.
This is my progress as of today.

Completely stripped brakes and knuckles off.
Took knuckles to get parts washed.
Ordered axle rebuild kit, eliminator plates, new tie rod ends, and a bunch of Toyota hardware from Kurtison at Cruiser Outifitters - Domo Arigato!

IMG_3603.jpeg

I've been driving Land Cruisers for 3 decades in and out of mud, sand, dirt, rocks, paved roads and have never had an issue with debris becoming trapped between the backing plate and rotor. I've also had to delete the backing plates in doing a Tundra brake mod and now the back of the rotor is exposed, and still have had no issues with debris and brakes, although I prefer having backing plates.

An alternative if you want to eliminate that caliper hard line is to use Mark's Off Road SS braided DOT lines (only ones that are DOT approved).

Those are 4Runner calipers.

1692120085542.png

1692120097129.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom