FJ60 AC Low Pressure Switch Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy y’all
I need a little help finding my AC Pressure Switch. FSM see it’s suppose to be interior side of the evaporator unit. I look there - nothin?? Can someone take a look at your later model 60 (85 to 87 ) and verify where the switch is located? Thanks

Ok I’ll take the glove box off

You shouldn't have to take the glove box out to touch it. If it is similar to my '62, remove the fan motor, reach up and toward the driver side. Your hand will touch the coil and the switch should be right there.

You shouldn't have to take the glove box out to touch it. If it is similar to my '62, remove the fan motor, reach up and toward the driver side. Your hand will touch the coil and the switch should be right there.
Yup! What this person said . Definitely don’t take the glove box out.
I did this recently. Photo taken with my phone through the hole where the motor usually sits:
30170252798_bbdf1dc007_z.jpg

Last edited:
Man the pic (and the fan removal tip) did the trick - Thanks

More about the AC pressure switch......Does anyone know the torque for installing a new pressure switch? And what about the two wire spade connectors? Is there a wrong way to hook them back up?

PXL_20220921_215009095.jpg

PXL_20220921_222151445.MP.jpg

PXL_20220921_220433531~3.jpg

Never mind on the torque for the pressure switch, I went back and read fsm again and found it....10 ft/lbs.
BUT does anyone know if the wires connected to it have a specific orientation?

I am probably going to need it. Planning on starting a thread based using the late model Denso condenser on an early model like mine. The early condenser is discontinued. I am waiting for the 4 bolts for the condenser and the new hoses from Cold hose.

I am probably going to need it. Planning on starting a thread based using the late model Denso condenser on an early model like mine. The early condenser is discontinued. I am waiting for the 4 bolts for the condenser and the new hoses from Cold hose
Sweet. ColdHose is the place to buy for AC. I will say this. Make damn sure you are getting everything around where the expansion valve is nice and tight. You do not want a leak there. Happened to me and I had to pull the whole thing out again. Air on the side of a little more torque. You have to wiggle around on that assembly to get the hardline out of the evaporator box lined up. Also if you decide to brave the AC vacuum down and recharge there are some tricks you should know.

I am probably going to need it. Planning on starting a thread based using the late model Denso condenser on an early model like mine. The early condenser is discontinued. I am waiting for the 4 bolts for the condenser and the new hoses from Cold hose.

just made that thread for my whole AC refresh project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom