FJ60/62 sway bars ID please (1 Viewer)

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
I need to understand what the stock sway bars were on 60s and 62s... I have a couple and am confused. Notice the orientation of the mounting holes at the end of the bars in #1 - These are FRONTS... right?. These are different from what I saw in a fiche diagram that are REARS (from an FJ62) (see #3 & 4 below)...

So, what is the bar in #2?

The pictures below are:

#1:
attachment.php

#2:
attachment.php

#3:
attachment.php

#4:
attachment.php

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
You sure that is from a 60/62? My front one looks like #1 and I am looking for a 62 rear sway to install on my 60 (I live in the mtns and need it for cornering).

Wile E Coyote

Out in the streets, they call it murder!
Just further confirming for you that #1 shows front sways, and #4 shows the rear setup. Your outlyer #2 is a mystery to me as well.

You sure that is from a 60/62? My front one looks like #1 and I am looking for a 62 rear sway to install on my 60 (I live in the mtns and need it for cornering).

Hi Greg - I know you are upgrading your suspension. My experience was that the rear sway bar helped reduce sway and wandering on mtn corners...until I ended up with an OME heavy rear suspension. With enough leaves in the spring pack, the sway bar made no difference.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
Hi Greg - I know you are upgrading your suspension. My experience was that the rear sway bar helped reduce sway and wandering on mtn corners...until I ended up with an OME heavy rear suspension. With enough leaves in the spring pack, the sway bar made no difference.

Thanks Doug, unfortunately OME is still a couple years away and I drive "in" the mtns on a weekly basis pretty much. At least when I don't need it anymore I can pass it on to another cruiserhead! :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom