FJ55 Heavy Duty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4 runner on deck for body swap. Also an engine swap, started Friday night.

8C50EBE5-E030-406C-9334-854BC31BFD5A.jpeg

CDECF4CE-4FAD-4AC2-807A-EF1D715BA825.jpeg

727B34E9-47CA-4FCF-AFC9-049D2472B9CA.jpeg

89E40485-E33A-4F0A-8181-1D2CCFA72637.jpeg

There are days I miss my 1st gen ‘runners. Love that body style. Removable top- check. Then I remember the seating position. I loved it at the time, but looking back, every vehicle I’ve owned since has been more comfortable.

Good on you keeping them on the road. I’d love to build one for the kid. Wife demands luxury items like abs and airbags, what’s next seatbelts that work?

Not really an update: work sent me to anchorage Alaska again. Saw this nice FJ60 at JBER AF base. So that covers the cruiser content. Rode out to Knik glacier on ATV’s while I’m here. Definitely a must do! 24miles long and 5 miles wide of just everything 4x4, trails, rock climbs, sand berms. Constantly changes due to volcanic activity.

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1192.jpeg

Also picked up a mini lathe a month ago, working making a dual motor adapter. I have no experience with machining, so it’s super slow. The picture of the quad motor setup is just for inspiration. Step one is motor on motor duals. Second step is dual motor head. This will be made with mostly off the shelf parts with very little to no machining.

IMG_2442.jpeg

IMG_2443.jpeg

IMG_2451.png

IMG_2503.jpeg

Sorry to Hijack this thread but I was enjoying reading through it when I recognized a pig that I ended up with: The camo one in post #52. So I thought I would close the loop on its whereabouts.
It donated parts to my 1969 55 and many others around the world (sent parts to south America and Japan) until it looked like this:

IMG_0781.JPG

As to not be wasteful, I have since turned it into a trailer. Here it is behind the 55 that is selfishly donated its parts to:

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

Hijack over and loop closed. Camo pig is still being utilized and enjoyed.

Sorry to Hijack this thread but I was enjoying reading through it when I recognized a pig that I ended up with: The camo one in post #52. So I thought I would close the loop on its whereabouts.
It donated parts to my 1969 55 and many others around the world (sent parts to south America and Japan) until it looked like this:

View attachment 3493023

As to not be wasteful, I have since turned it into a trailer. Here it is behind the 55 that is selfishly donated its parts to:

View attachment 3493024
View attachment 3493025

Hijack over and loop closed. Camo pig is still being utilized and enjoyed.
That’s so awesome, yeah it was a fun time moving those. Neat trailer

The good the bad and look away look away. The hood is rough. “ who has a good or better hood”? The drip rails are gone, doors and crusty also. That’s ok I knew it would bad, just a couple quick cuts and the roof will be off and I can repair the frame structure under there. Then build a rollcage unhindered by a roof.

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2521.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2523.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom