FJ45LV Rear Reflector Gasket and gas cap/plug- gauging interest for reproduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
I have one rear reflector with the original gasket I'm going to be using as a template to make a new pair of the gaskets (3D printed) locally. I've got to pay for the design time for my pair so I'll be spending about $150 for my set. But once the design is done I can get more made for about $100 per pair. Throwing it out there if anybody has a need and is interested in a set.

gas cap reproduction to follow, details TBD

Here's some pictures of the original gasket with the reflector. I'm working on trying to find some reflectors that match as well as I'm sure I'll never find another OEM set.

1578424585451.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

Last edited:
i am definitely interested. It may be wise to locate a suitable reflector first; as you may need to slightly modify the base to suit whatever refector that you settle on. This one looks good to me and its made in Japan:)

The original reflectors are 41mm. So those look close. I ordered some other 41mm ones on eBay that look similar to those ones but they’re on the slow boat from China. We will see how they work... I figure I want the gasket to be like the original though for the sake of others that still have both reflectors, and then I’ll find a way to make the aftermarket reflectors work.

I’ll post pictures of the gaskets when they finish. Probably next week sometime. Then I’ll wait a few weeks to see how many people want a pair before placing the follow up order for others.

Alright first set is finished. Came out looking pretty good IMO. fits the radius nicely. I got some 41mm cat eye reflectors but the stud isn’t long enough so will have to figure that out but the reflector fits perfectly. Let me know if anybody wants a set of these. He will keep the program to run them later if someone wants but it’s cheaper if we run a bunch of them now.
0807BF92-5882-4B8D-BB44-3190B55A8902.jpeg

A663750E-24C5-4116-82C9-78DC15E10370.jpeg

FDC7BDA3-03F7-4889-97F6-BC9E3C16F5BC.jpeg

6DF87657-87FC-4170-A53C-7C850CD8C5D3.jpeg

8D1E7BC5-6D93-4E35-9719-F4C9AC987E60.jpeg

By the way the reflector on the bottom of this picture (the one that I’m not holding) was my home made attempt at one that is obviously pretty crooked. The one I’m holding is the new 3D printed one.

I’ll give it another week to see how many other people want a set before I give him the order.

462974E2-0F63-4310-B376-3D658C9A2727.jpeg

99812292-ED7B-4593-917A-F2E5F469EEDA.jpeg

I’m going to make myself a couple sets. so with my two sets, @JLawson , @FJ45VTOZ, just need 4 pairs so far. Anybody else?

I’m going to have him work on my rubber gas cap plug next, if anybody is interested in one of those. Since it’s just a single hopefully it’s about half as much but haven’t confirmed yet.

also for anybody that catches this thread down the road, assuming he’s still in business then he’s saving the program so hopefully he could do another set then.

I’m going to make myself a couple sets. so with my two sets, @JLawson , @FJ45VTOZ, just need 4 pairs so far. Anybody else?

I’m going to have him work on my rubber gas cap plug next, if anybody is interested in one of those. Since it’s just a single hopefully it’s about half as much but haven’t confirmed yet.

also for anybody that catches this thread down the road, assuming he’s still in business then he’s saving the program so hopefully he could do another set then.
i have a gas cap plug, but may be interested in a spare depending on how much and how good they come out

“Quote“I’m going to make myself a couple sets. so with my two sets, @JLawson , @FJ45VTOZ, just need 4 pairs so far. Anybody else?”quote”

I will take a set. Have you received your 41mm reflectors yet?

I will take a set. Have you received your 41mm reflectors yet?
I did get the reflectors - the cat eye ones. Still waiting on the other ones from China. The good is they fit perfectly in the new gasket. The bad is that the bolt isn’t nearly long enough to go through to the other side of the quarter panel. I’m thinking there’s a solution to lengthen the bolt, but haven’t worked through it really yet. They look great though in it. Very very close to stock, the chrome bezel is just slightly different. I’ll try to get some side by side photos sometime.

I’m placing this order tomorrow. I’ll have a couple of spares I’ll probably put on eBay to see if I can recoup some of the money spent, but if anybody else needs a set PM me. Once I’ve got them all in hand I’ll PM those that asked for some and start getting payments and shipping out. Fortunately these are small so shipping shouldn’t be much.

Alright everybody sorry this has taken longer than I expected, most of you know I've been pretty busy with an FJ28L restoration.

i've got all the reflector gaskets in hand now, couple more weeks for the gas tank plugs. Unless someone is in a big rush I'm going to wait for the gas tank plugs before I start getting payments and shipping these out.

As for the reflectors I found some 41mm Cat Eye reflectors on ebay that I was able to make work. You'll just want to source something similar. I had to lengthen the bolt on the back of the reflector by putting on a nylon union with a headless bolt on the backside to get it to bolt all the way through the quarter panel but it looks great from the outside. The nylon union probably is a good "gasket" itself too going through the hole. I'm sure others can come up with different solutions but the good thing is the gaskets fit the radius great.
IMG_8109.jpg

1582664844940.jpeg

Deepest apologies everyone that this has taken so much longer than I expected, the FJ28 restoration has taken priority and my 3D printer has been backed up with other jobs. He said that the gas plugs should finally be done tomorrow but I'm taking the family out camping for the next week or so (can't stay at home any longer!) so I can probably start shipping everyone's first of april. I've got 7 pairs of reflectors and 7 gas plugs, here's what I think was my list of where these were all going. PLEASE RESPOND TO CONFIRM what pieces you want (or none at all). The reflectors were $100 per pair, gas plug was $65. Add $8 shipping for each order. Any extras I'll just throw on ebay.
  1. @FJ45VTOZ
  2. @JLawson
  3. @KT40
  4. @Land Cruiser Junky
  5. @tahoe40/45
Here's a photo of each of them installed on my LV

IMG_8654.jpeg

IMG_8655.jpeg

IMG_8656.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom