For Sale FJ45 Pickup Beds - Done and Done (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TWatson

SILVER Star
Threads
Well it has taken a while but I have two pickup beds that I am expecting to ship in the next few weeks.

I only have the two. May or may not get any more. Has kind of been a big hassle.

The production of them was significantly longer than I expected and I am not sure it will actually make sense to bring these in in any great number in the future. I am committed to finishing what I started however.

Following the base production of the beds themselves, all beds were chemically treated to remove any fly rust from the manufacturing process, the beds were sanded and metal worked to remove any minor blemishes, seams were filled and a thin skim of filler was applied providing further smoothing, they were sanded again and again, and were then primed with PPG epoxy primer. This was intended to provide a great preliminary work product and traveling protection. They are not ready for final paint, but much more was done than just a quick spray and go with some cheap primer at the production facility. There is about 24 hours of prep and paint work in each bed following the manufacturing process.

I had messaged some interested parties that I expected them to come in around $4500-$5000 with pickup in Dallas, Texas. After that, I ended up going ahead and having them prepped, primed and individually crated prior to shipping as I thought it would ultimately deliver the best results. I will offer these two at $4500 each, and just cover those costs myself.

I have many additional progress photos I can send to any buyer but I am reporting back as I am in a position now to nail down pricing, promise delivery and availability. Our plan is to have them on a boat departing January 11 which will have them in Dallas sometime around the 30th of January and available for final pickup or delivery.

If you can please message me direct with your interest. I will allocate the beds in the order I am messaged and will wait list any serious party, on the outside chance we end up doing any more. Thank you all.

Tom Watson

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

Please refrain from any unsolicited commentary. As always, I will respond within a day, usually within minutes to any PM, would request a telephone number be sent with it and am happy to provide references to anyone that may want to put up a deposit.

Please understand, perfection is not an achievable goal. The beds were not created by robots in a Toyota factory and each was in fact hand made. If your goal is to be in a museum somewhere, these are not for you. If you want the look and utility of the original design in a very good product you will be extremely happy. I can tell you hard working people diligently put these together to the best of their ability, they went to another shop where more hours were spent to get them to the prepped and primed condition they are in and I am diligently trying to help provide something no longer available to fellow Toyota enthusiasts. The workers are all committed to making improvements to the process and minor details within their ability. Everyone in the chain has families to feed, so of course no one can work for free. This is of course a business, hobby, addiction.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Wow, they look amazing.

my 45LPB is to beat to bother, but those are extremely nice beds and wish I had a 45 that deserved one!

Thank you Mud. Looks like one of these will be headed to a new home very soon!!

my 45LPB is to beat to bother, but those are extremely nice beds and wish I had a 45 that deserved one!

my sentiments as well John. I'm having a hard enough time just bringing myself to put my awlTEQ tailgate on the lwb. I just tore a motor down on the tailgate a week ago. I don't see myself beating up the new tailgate that way.

Mine arrived today! It is even better in person than in pictures. If I had known the real quality I would have taken both of them, thanks Tom! These are easily worth way more than $4500, $6000 easy just for the labor savings repairing an old one.

Well it has taken a while but I have two pickup beds that I am expecting to ship in the next few weeks.

I only have the two. May or may not get any more. Has kind of been a big hassle.

The production of them was significantly longer than I expected and I am not sure it will actually make sense to bring these in in any great number in the future. I am committed to finishing what I started however.

Following the base production of the beds themselves, all beds were chemically treated to remove any fly rust from the manufacturing process, the beds were sanded and metal worked to remove any minor blemishes, seams were filled and a thin skim of filler was applied providing further smoothing, they were sanded again and again, and were then primed with PPG epoxy primer. This was intended to provide a great preliminary work product and traveling protection. They are not ready for final paint, but much more was done than just a quick spray and go with some cheap primer at the production facility. There is about 24 hours of prep and paint work in each bed following the manufacturing process.

I had messaged some interested parties that I expected them to come in around $4500-$5000 with pickup in Dallas, Texas. After that, I ended up going ahead and having them prepped, primed and individually crated prior to shipping as I thought it would ultimately deliver the best results. I will offer these two at $4500 each, and just cover those costs myself.

I have many additional progress photos I can send to any buyer but I am reporting back as I am in a position now to nail down pricing, promise delivery and availability. Our plan is to have them on a boat departing January 11 which will have them in Dallas sometime around the 30th of January and available for final pickup or delivery.

If you can please message me direct with your interest. I will allocate the beds in the order I am messaged and will wait list any serious party, on the outside chance we end up doing any more. Thank you all.

Tom Watson

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

Please refrain from any unsolicited commentary. As always, I will respond within a day, usually within minutes to any PM, would request a telephone number be sent with it and am happy to provide references to anyone that may want to put up a deposit.

Please understand, perfection is not an achievable goal. The beds were not created by robots in a Toyota factory and each was in fact hand made. If your goal is to be in a museum somewhere, these are not for you. If you want the look and utility of the original design in a very good product you will be extremely happy. I can tell you hard working people diligently put these together to the best of their ability, they went to another shop where more hours were spent to get them to the prepped and primed condition they are in and I am diligently trying to help provide something no longer available to fellow Toyota enthusiasts. The workers are all committed to making improvements to the process and minor details within their ability. Everyone in the chain has families to feed, so of course no one can work for free. This is of course a business, hobby, addiction.

Tom,

Do you have any of these still Available? If so, I am looking for one. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance - Jonathan Wagstaff

Exterior Pic.jpg

I am working with them now,ordered a set of fenders and wheel wells. Saw one of the beds and the quality was good. The only thing is it takes some time to get the stuff. Remember these parts are hand made so you will need to plan on time and remember they are shipped in containers from SA. If you are wanting a bed it would be 2-3 months unless there is one in stock. I am happy with what I am ordering good communication just time.

Thank you Mud. Looks like one of these will be headed to a new home very soon!!

Are anymore of these available or coming available soon?

I would have strong interest in one especially being that i'm just down the road from Dallas.

Thank you,

Christian

I am looking for a bed for my 1977 fj45 I need more information about this item thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom