FJ45 LV enlightenment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.birdothebird.com
I'm planning on restoring a rusty 67' FJ45LV and I'm wondering how difficult it is to find parts or if anyone has had experience restoring one and if they can tell me what parts are the hardest to find what parts are impossible to find and some do's and don'ts

I'd appreciate any stories, input, warnings, etc.

Looking for some light before I dive deep into the rabbit hole.

Cheers!

You can find most parts if you're patient and keep looking. I combed eBay and the 45 classified section every day and I'm still checking 5 years after my wife's is mostly complete.

Thank you for the replies. I don't have photos at the moment.
I'm wondering how compatible the 40 series parts are with the 45LV, or if they are completely different (talking mostly about body)
Would I be able to get, for example 40 series front floor panels for the 45LV?

The LV bodies (everything aft of the firewall) were made by Gifu Body, not by Toyota. If I'm not mistaken, the front fenders, grille, hood, and a few other things will interchange. Doors, glass, and related components are, I think, unique. Not 100% certain on that. I had a chance to get one for free but decided not to because it had no doors on it.

The LV bodies (everything aft of the firewall) were made by Gifu Body, not by Toyota. If I'm not mistaken, the front fenders, grille, hood, and a few other things will interchange. Doors, glass, and related components are, I think, unique. Not 100% certain on that. I had a chance to get one for free but decided not to because it had no doors on it.

@JungleBiker is correct. The front clip parts are all interchangeable with 40/45s. That's the easy part. The floors aren't the same as 40's so some custom fabrication is in order. Also, The doors, tailgate etc is all unique to the LV. Some parts come up once in a while, but there were only approximately 1100 imported to the Americas back in the 1960s so its a real treasure hunt for parts. Trust me...I'm working on one right now.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom