FJ40-Specific Wire Harness? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie to the forum here. Hello!

I just purchased a 72 in which the seller has completely removed the wire harness.

Does anyone make an FJ40 specific harness? I looked on Painless and Centech’s site and it doesn’t appear that they mfr one for the FJ40s.

Has anyone drawn up a “layman’s” wiring digram for us guys that can’t read schematics well?

Thanks !

Newbie to the forum here. Hello!

I just purchased a 72 in which the seller has completely removed the wire harness.

Does anyone make an FJ40 specific harness? I looked on Painless and Centech’s site and it doesn’t appear that they mfr one for the FJ40s.

Has anyone drawn up a “layman’s” wiring digram for us guys that can’t read schematics well?

Thanks !

not any more ...........

:confused:

not any more ...........

:confused:
Wow! So there was but they stopped making them? I would think that would be one of the most popular Vehicle harnesses out there.

Is there a specific aftermarket vehicle harness that is recommended that lends itself well to the FJ40

What is everyone doing typically when they want to do a compete team-wire of their rig?

Wow! So there was but they stopped making them? I would think that would be one of the most popular Vehicle harnesses out there.

Is there a specific aftermarket vehicle harness that is recommended that lends itself well to the FJ40

What is everyone doing typically when they want to do a compete team-wire of their rig?

Coolerman Retired ...........

nobody has filled his shoes ....

Coolerman Retired ...........

nobody has filled his shoes ....

looks like another business line for you, like you have all that extra time on your hands

to the OP's question, 1972 is not a difficult harness as there aren't many circuits. it can be done by a layman with basic skills

There’s a number of “Painless” style harnesses you could use. Get some nice crimpers, strippers, and a variety of weatherpack connectors and go at it. You can make the harness nicer than the stock one.

There’s a number of “Painless” style harnesses you could use. Get some nice crimpers, strippers, and a variety of weatherpack connectors and go at it. You can make the harness nicer than the stock one.

Unless you know wiring or know someone local who does would stick with OEM wiring with a known year month. Otherwise help on the internet is a lot more complicated with aftermarket harness.

Unless you know wiring or know someone local who does would stick with OEM wiring with a known year month. Otherwise help on the internet is a lot more complicated with aftermarket harness.
It’s true wiring can be challenging to some, but if you do it yourself you’re one step closer to knowing the truck like the back of your hand.

It’s true wiring can be challenging to some, but if you do it yourself you’re one step closer to knowing the truck like the back of your hand.

Wiring seems to be one of those things you get or you don't. Wiring has never been a problem for me. Learned how to braze and solder working HVAC but did very little welding. Not sure I care to even learn at this stage of my life. but. Finding a welder needing wiring would be prefer working a trade.

Has he closed his store providing wire and connections or just making complete harnesses?

good afternoon JOHN ,

he has wound down the FULL ON complete vehicle harnesses production assembly line , as i understand

if you don't recall ? that was NEVER a FULL time gig , rather a after his full time day job evening shift he put in late into the night i know .......

but is still offering Electrical Parts , small KITS and general connector and terminals supplies yes .........

also , his fusible links repair and 100% all OEM parts NEW ones is still available too

this is the latest status i am aware of for @Coolerman

i hope he chimes in here at one point ?

i do not want to speak too much for him at any level to be clear ..................

this is all the current 411 i have to share ... :)

i made this banner for Mark when i first met him like 13+ years ago , and began to study under him , in a informal basic level .......

Long LIVE @Coolerman ! :beer::D

1650827699758.jpeg

I recently purchased electrical parts from Coolerman. A few years back he did my ‘70 FJ40 harness. So happy that I caught him before he stopped. He is the man when it comes to electrical. Purchase through his website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom