Wanted FJ40 side reflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rigger

Ramble Tamble
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Do you have an extra side reflector?

If so, please gimme a holler.

:)

Side Reflector.JPG

I'm still needing one of these. Anyone got one?

Here's the one I have. I need the other one.

IMG_0247.JPG

The rear reflectors are virtually the same thing and still available from Toyota. That's what I used on my 69.
I think the only difference is the threaded studs are a little longer. This is the only pic I have at the moment but you can see one.

image.jpeg

The rear reflectors are virtually the same thing and still available from Toyota. That's what I used on my 69.
I think the only difference is the threaded studs are a little longer. This is the only pic I have at the moment but you can see one.

View attachment 1487099

Hey thanks! I'll look into this.

Hey thanks! I'll look into this.

Order two because you will find it won't match the one have because it looks like a original housing with a flush reflector added. Stock is recessed and have Koito on them. What do the rear reflectors look like? Those should be Koito as well.

Still hoping to find a used one.

@3_puppies

How's your selection? Got one of these?

not sure I have an extra, I'll need to look.

I checked and I don't have an extra rear, red one. I've got a couple yellow/amber ones.

I checked and I don't have an extra rear, red one. I've got a couple yellow/amber ones.

Like you for what ever reason have more amber then red ones. Hoping to figure a way to break down some faded amber ones to use the base with intact studs for some red ones with broken studs. The small threads on the rear reflectors don't hold up well even here in AZ.
Do have a question is it just me or does the picture in post three look like a non stock reflector? No one has commented on my earlier post either way.

John, I wasn't paying attention to that pic, it does like aftermarket, the reflector sits too far out in the housing and the housing doesn't look right either.
Paul

I'm behind on this thread! Hmmm. Post #3 is my one good one. I thought it was stock. Dang! Now I need two of them, not one!

@3_puppies would you still have any of the amber front side reflectors from this July discussion? I need one, just the lens really, for a '68 fj40. The stud condition isn't important.

Last edited:
Like you for what ever reason have more amber then red ones. Hoping to figure a way to break down some faded amber ones to use the base with intact studs for some red ones with broken studs. The small threads on the rear reflectors don't hold up well even here in AZ.
Do have a question is it just me or does the picture in post three look like a non stock reflector? No one has commented on my earlier post either way.
@Living in the Past,
@Living in the Past, same question as for 3_puppies, would either of you still have a single amber/yellow lens you could spare? If so it would be much appreciated in the restoration of a '68.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom