FJ40 Rebuild Completed! (Almost) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Well, about 2 years later I am finally done with this mess. Did it all without a garage out on a slab of concrete. I have a few more things to do (traction bar, skidplate, etc.) but for the most part it is done. Thank god. A BIG THANKS to Brett (cruiserbrett) for all his help in this one, couldn't of done it without him. Ed Gilbert, Matt Tarnow and all the others in the cruiser community whom in some way or another have helped.

Alright, what is this an awards show?

Next is a 55 rebuild, vortec, auto tranny, SO, SR, AC, etc. I think I will wait this time till I have a garage!!

You can see the pics at the link below. Sorry I don't have the star to post pics. I am now very poor. Let me know if anyone is kind enough to post some pics here for me.

later,

Noah
http://www.imagestation.com/members/1973Guppie

I went to the link. Nice job! What kind of seats are those, and how did you get them to fit?

seats are procar sport, the guy that did the engine fit the seats with the center console. He basically reworked the stock brackets to fit. The brackets that came with the seats that were supposed to fit fj40's were a joke, not even close, he had to alter them.

Noah

Thanks! :D

alot of work with the cup needle brush on my angle grinder. Lots of fun when those start coming apart. I got some needles embedded in sort ehhhhmmm...interesting places to say the least. Scrubbed the whole bottom of the car with an angle grinder and hand tools and scrapers. The gfriend would consistently finds chunks of metal in my leg or ? if they go in fast enough sometimes you don't even feel em!

:D

Noah

Lookin good! I gave up on cup brushes altogether, and only use metal wheels when I want a brushed metal look, I like the 3M rust/paint strippers as they don't deform like wire and don't shoot at you. Also take stuff off a lot faster.

Actually, I use the more expensive braided wire wheel attachments for an angle grinder and that pretty much stops wires from flying everywhere.
Pablo

wow, looks good, that gives me insperation working on mine, i dont have a garage and am always either in somone elces (pissing them off) or out in the cold working on mine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom