Fj40 power steering heat shield and brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Several years ago I bought an OEM power steering gearbox for my 1980 Fj40 and I'm now trying to figure out the heat shield installation. It should be fairly simple. I have four different mounting brackets and it seems that none of the combinations I try work. Hole alignment on the shield to the gear box just dont seem to work out. Is there a difference between manual steering and power steering heat shields? Thinking that I may have a heat shield for non power. Thanks

Here’s the later style manual heat shield and 2 brackets for comparison. Apparently the OEM power heat shield is really hard to come by, so hopefully yours looks slightly different :beer:
05758A96-E464-4E73-9A2E-A087644F64EA.jpeg

Here is my PS heat shield. The alignment of the bolts at the bottom is different than the photo above. I sure hope I didn't pay out the nose for the wrong heat shield

IMG-5165.JPG

Here is my PS heat shield. The alignment of the bolts at the bottom is different than the photo above. I sure hope I didn't pay out the nose for the wrong heat shield

That looks correct to me.

Hi, For what little good the heat shield does, A simple metal shield works just as well. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom