FJ40 Cruis'n Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have looked through all of the for sale ads within the site. However I have not been able to pin down exactly what I am looking for. I am currently doing a frame-off resto. I have even located another frame because mine had some minimal yet potential hazerdous cancer on it that had eaten a whole just above the front member of the rear driverside shackle perch. Either way I have now got a nice frame in need of a sandblating and a good solid protective coat. What all this comes down to is I plan on building a "knarley" :flipoff2: cruiser with the original frame. The current drivetrain simply needs to be swapped. I would really like to do a quality resto job because, to my advatage, the body was originally from cali. and the motor had just had the heads redone. I need to find parts:, weathersrtipping, brakelines, clutch/ master cylider ect. Unfortunately I am a college student and have little to no money and insationably love cruisers. Mine is a 77' FJ40, and direction or advice would be greatly appreciated :beer:

For the most part SOR will have everything you need, but for a price :-\
However, you mentioned Clutch/brake M/C's, do NOT buy the CCOT aftermarkets, they are crap, and many people have had to go through 4 before they got a good one. Brakes and clutch are two places where you don't want to skimp. I bought the spendy OEM Brake M/C from SOR, and have never had an issue, my clutch M/c is an AFT. from CCOT (before I knew better) and has not had any issues so far. Napa parts are often OEM Toyota, its luck of the draw. Buy two, see what you get, return the non OEM. :D
4wheelparts.com carries Skyjacker extended SS lines F&R but not the ones to the calipers from the axle, http://www.barnettperformance.com/ is a favorite here in atlanta, their stuff is custom and supposedly good. You tell them length and the fittings and they make them, good prices too, IIRC. IMHO if you're replacing all the brake lines, go ahead and do extended SS in anticipation of a lift so you don't have to do it later.
For all my weatherstripping needs so far I have bought cruiser-specifc stuff from SOR-so far always the right thing and good stuff but not cheap, what you buy at Home Depot and generic Auto stuff will often work as well, with some cutting and shaping. Get 3m weatherstripping adhesive.

I concure with all of the above.

I would suggest JC Whittney for weather stripping or you local glass shop may be able to help you out also. I bought the over piced CCOT door kit with the weather stripping/door pull straps/ect and it was NOT worth the 200.00 bucks i paid...live and learn..

If you want to be really frugal then you can get rebuild kits for the clutch m/c and brake M/c. Then get a hone set from Napa (22.00) and you can hone and rebuild all your hydraulic parts (wheel cylinders, clutch/brake M/C) for pretty cheap. Napa is a great place to go if you have a parts jockey that is willing to work with you. I bought my Oil pump from them when i did my engine rebuild and it was a Toyota OEM (same excat manufacture) so you may luck out when you buy stuff from them....one thing ppl don't remember is that an FJ40/55 is just another vehicle...SOR/MAF/CCOT/other specialty places are not the only places that sell parts for these things. I tend to go to my local parts places like napa, advanced or the mom and pop place for all my cruiser stuff...no reason not to.

HTH

Stew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom