SOLD Fj40, Complete set of splash shields - '77 to '79

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
Great condition set of splash shields, full set ready for blast and powder/paint. $150 + shipping or local pickup.

wW4mwGOh.jpg

Dizzy

GOLD Star
Where do the two little ones get installed? Also, will the driver one work with headers? My passenger side one was cracked, it looks like some kind of support was missing from the frame to the hole in the bottom of that depressed feature? Any damage on these? Is this just for splash, or will it help draw engine air away from firewall because it directs vacuum, like a Venturi?

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Where do the two little ones get installed? Also, will the driver one work with headers? My passenger side one was cracked, it looks like some kind of support was missing from the frame to the hole in the bottom of that depressed feature? Any damage on these? Is this just for splash, or will it help draw engine air away from firewall because it directs vacuum, like a Venturi?
I have never seen anything in that hole on a vehicle or in microfiche. Assumed it was/is a weep hole for whatever water/oil gets captured by the guard.

It also serves reasonably well for a tool catch when you’re working on that side of the motor.

Allegedly 😛

@UltraFJ40 , @dieseldog , @Pighead , @retrofive, @surfpig

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
I got a little schooling from @DSB345 during his ground up resto about the secondary‘bump’ in the front guard that is peculiar to the’78. And as @SW20 pointed out, the 79 and newer mount under the frame, not inside it. Hth Nathan.😊
Thanks Mark !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom