Wanted FJ40 tail light set (79+) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swamp-thing

SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I am after a clean set of oem tail lights for a 79+ FJ40 / I’m not sure if earlier years will work, they all look the same to me, but I’m not sure about the plug etc. being the same?

Please message me if you have something to sell.

Thnx

Thank you — for now I am starting with the used market to keep costs down if I can. Cityracer has some too I think.

the basic light was the same thru the years,1975+, the connector plug changed but not sure what year the plug changed
do you need lenses or the housings or both?

If you need the front ones by any chance this is fairly close to me, looks like a good deal:

Also, don’t fall for the ones from Cruiser Corps, they’re a pile of joke.

I got the ones from @ToyotaMatt and they are the bees knees.

@3_puppies thanks for the reply, I need good housings for certain, lenses I think I have a good set, plugs— its a 12/79 build date, I am looking today to see if the oem harness side plug is still attached or not, PO added on a complete junk rear light system I’m working to destroy so no human eyes ever see them again (haha!)

@RevISK thanks for the advice on rear lights — as to the fronts, I might be needing those, I will report back today, and if I do maybe we can coordinate something I’ll PM ya, thank you!

@3_puppies thanks for the reply, I need good housings for certain, lenses I think I have a good set, plugs— its a 12/79 build date, I am looking today to see if the oem harness side plug is still attached or not, PO added on a complete junk rear light system I’m working to destroy so no human eyes ever see them again (haha!)

I'll look when I get home tonight, I parted a late 79 2 years ago.
I think I may have a rear step also

just need to know if you have the OEM plug and which style it is, either a 4 wire or a 5 wire connector

I've got a crusty set with decent lenses. They work, just not too pretty. Don't fall for the cruiser corps set, they're junk. I did get an OEM set from Matt @ToyotaMatt but not sure if has anymore in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom