SOLD Fj40, Complete set of splash shields - '77 to '79 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
Threads
Great condition set of splash shields, full set ready for blast and powder/paint. $150 + shipping or local pickup.

wW4mwGOh.jpg

Perhaps you meant the listing to say ‘78 and older?

Where do the two little ones get installed? Also, will the driver one work with headers? My passenger side one was cracked, it looks like some kind of support was missing from the frame to the hole in the bottom of that depressed feature? Any damage on these? Is this just for splash, or will it help draw engine air away from firewall because it directs vacuum, like a Venturi?

Where do the two little ones get installed? Also, will the driver one work with headers? My passenger side one was cracked, it looks like some kind of support was missing from the frame to the hole in the bottom of that depressed feature? Any damage on these? Is this just for splash, or will it help draw engine air away from firewall because it directs vacuum, like a Venturi?
I have never seen anything in that hole on a vehicle or in microfiche. Assumed it was/is a weep hole for whatever water/oil gets captured by the guard.

It also serves reasonably well for a tool catch when you’re working on that side of the motor.

Allegedly 😛

@UltraFJ40 , @dieseldog , @Pighead , @retrofive, @surfpig

I got a little schooling from @DSB345 during his ground up resto about the secondary‘bump’ in the front guard that is peculiar to the’78. And as @SW20 pointed out, the 79 and newer mount under the frame, not inside it. Hth Nathan.😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom