FJ40 Color Code Chart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1983 BJ40, can someone please help identify the colour for the front bezel? I have seen some off-white coloured bezels. What colour is that? Also what is the colour for the roof? Thanks

I've been reading everything I can find on colors for the last 5 years as I've been collecting parts and getting ready to paint my '74. (No way to preserve patina, replaced fenders and quarter panels, rear sill.) I'm not stuck on a period perfect resto, but I decided that if I liked OEM colors I would stick with those. The other day my body guys said it was "go time" on picking colors so I pulled the trigger on Nebula Green. For the roof, bezel and wagon wheels (I know they aren't accurate to the year but I got them dirt cheap and I like them) I told my body guy to try Shell Ivory, fully expecting him to come up empty with that color code. I told him Cygnus would be fine if we couldn't find the formula for Shell Ivory. Today he called to tell me that his paint guy had no trouble finding Shell Ivory but was worried that it would be more tan than I wanted.
I said "go for it" and this is what I got:
View attachment 1799079

Compared with a new-in-package shell ivory bezel below (borrowed pic). Keep in mind different light, different cameras, but I'm pleased as punch.
I'll try to get more details when I stop by the garage tomorrow. All I know right now is that it is single stage.

View attachment 1799078

View attachment 1799077
I know this an old thread, but where did you buy a new bezel?
thank you

I know this an old thread, but where did you buy a new bezel?
thank you
Sorry I missed this 2 years ago LOL. I wish I knew where to buy a new bezel. The photo of the OEM bezel I had referenced, I stole from someone else. Admittedly it's not a good idea to reference color using digital images viewed on different devices, but that image at least supports the "no bright white" stance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom