SOLD FJ40 4 speed transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a 4 speed if anyone has one around. I am located in SW Colorado but will travel reasonable distance to pick it up. Thanks in advance!

I have a 4 spd with transfer case near Boise, Idaho if you decide on a bigger road trip.

I am looking for a 4 speed if anyone has one around. I am located in SW Colorado but will travel reasonable distance to pick it up. Thanks in advance!

2 different setups for 40 series,
are you just wanting a transmission?
most likely you want the earlier 4 speed with 1 piece transfer and park brake on the transfer case?

see my post in parts..

2 different setups for 40 series,
are you just wanting a transmission?
most likely you want the earlier 4 speed with 1 piece transfer and park brake on the transfer case?
Thank you for pointing this out. I am looking for the transmission that will mate to one piece transfer case. I was planning to reuse my transfer case with adaptors to go into 1970 FJ40. Very much appreciate everyone's help.

I have a 4-speed that has suffered internal rust. It is an April '75. I take it that the transfer case is an early 4-speed or 3-speed?

How far are you from Salida? If classic cruisers is still there, you’ll save a ton on shipping, and you can see before you buy.
I have 22 available here in Burbank. :grinpimp:

Do you have / need a core(s)? I'm looking to free up some garage space. Or, are you just trying to fill space behind the bellhousing with a running transmission? At a minimum, I'd redo the front seal (easy), unless its service history is known.

There are variations in the one-piece transfer case, which your mentioned eariler. On the passenger side of the case are some stamped dates, IIRC. All I know is there are two in my possession that reflect the changes in mid-'75.

Thanks for all your help. I located a replacement.
And thank you for the courtesy of the follow up. There is an increasing tendency for OPs in the classifieds to post and go AWOL. You just need to hit the little button at the top to change your header to SOLD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom