FJ40 2.5 " lift and 32 " tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
Anyone running a 2.5 lift wioth 32.11.50.15 tires? I think I have decided on a 2.5 lift and was wondering if 32 " tires fit well without rubbing?

I am thinking of the BDS lift.
Thanks Mike El Paso TLCA 8009

I'm running 33X9.50 with add-a-leafs on stock springs. My rear fenders were already cut with flares, so I don't know if they would rub stock fenders.

Short answer: probably fine.

Slightly longer: I have a 2.5" lift with a bit longer shackles in the rear to account for sag. The bumpstops are in their stock locations. I used to run 32x11.50s on 15x7" rims with 3.5" of backspacing. The tires tucked nicely inside the rear fenders, but would rub on the inner fenderwell when fully crossed up. Not a big deal to me, but it might be to you.

I currently run 33x12.50s on 15x8 rims with 3.25" of backspacing and I have a 2.5" lift with a bit longer shackles in the rear to account for sag. I have trimmed my rear fenders as well. No more rubbing. The wider rims with less backspacing moved the tires outboard enough to alleviate the fenderwell rubbing.

should work fine, and take you everywhere you should go...

After re-reading.... What kinda cruiser? Your 60? Try re-posting over in 60/62 Tech.

The URLs in your sig don't seem to work either.

Speaking from experience, go woth the 4" lift. No more money and I promise you will wish someday that you had more lift. I have been through the 2.5" with longer shackels and 33x10.5 swampers stage only to want 35's. Just my .02.

Later,

FJ40 2.5 lift 32 11.50 tires

Thanks for the information. I have added a 1977 FJ60 to my fleet of two crusiers. My wife will be driving this around town mostly and I will take it out to the rocks or off road on the weekends. Since everything is so far from El Paso I would like a suspension that will not beat us up too bad on the highway.

Mike El Paso TLCA 8009
1985 FJ-60
1977 FJ-40

33x12.5 on a 10" rim

1/4 inch spacer
2 1/2 skyjacker springs

NO PROBLEMS! :D

Bodean said:
Speaking from experience, go woth the 4" lift. No more money and I promise you will wish someday that you had more lift. I have been through the 2.5" with longer shackels and 33x10.5 swampers stage only to want 35's. Just my .02.

Later,

Nice....Is their a lot of body roll going around the corners?

I think I have a 2.5" lift and I am running 33x12.50 on 2.75" backspaced rims.

At FULL flex (which is an impressive amount) I catch the front fender a bit.

I have 2.5 springs w/ shackles and 32x11.5x15.
No rubbing problems here.

Poser said:
should work fine, and take you everywhere you should go...
lol

Okay kemper.

Mace said:
lol

Okay kemper.

Hey man...

I have hair and tires!!!

funny thing was that russert said this out at my shop one night, before he built his wheeler...about 33's....I have laughed about that many, many times..

:beer:

mep1811 said:
I have added a 1977 FJ60 to my fleet of two crusiers.

pretty rare find there mike...

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom