FJ25 Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just to save Jim the trouble of moving this from the "Toyota Historical Pictures" thread I'll post my comment to his here.

Pictures of pictures at A1 Toyota New Haven, CT. (Spending the afternoon with recalls of the recalls on the RAV4.......am I repeating myself?

...via IH8MUD app

It wasn't quite a recall but we got a letter from Nissan with new sticker of the tire size to install over the current sticker. The current sticker was correct so I didn't install it. A few weeks later got another sticker which match the original one. If I had installed the first sticker they sent me I could of had stickers three level deep.:confused:

The 04 4Runner is about do for the 90K service. I have to pull the all weather mats before taking it in or I get the cheaper resigned safer version. Of course they will shave the gas pedal down. I've checked the clearance and have plenty of room to the mat. Just got another recall notice a couple of weeks ago. Even if it isn't broke we still have to fit it.:bang:

I don't know if I shared the one on the Chevy Cruze. Part of the "Eco" package is an aero underpan. Apparently sloppy oil changes, a red hot turbo and a plastic underpan is a bad mix? Anyhow, their fix is to take a sawzall to the aero package. I didn't have choice mine was butchered while sitting on the lot new.

The RAV4 recall is for corrosion on the rear control arms, they recalled the previous replacements. I brought the thing in with about an inch of salt covering it, so probably a good thing.

...via IH8MUD app

:) Ten days ago i thought we'd be shut down due to inactivity in the whole 25section... It's like a bustling metropolis of conversation now... I hope I didn't just jinks us :hmm:

Thanks Johnny. Going into the weekend, Thanksgiving next then full swing into the holiday season. Hopefully we can get on track in January:rolleyes:

Well January has come and gone and this section is still pretty much dead. Back in November looked like process was being made on getting a short top made. Now that appears to have died again while another option shows up in the 40/55 section.:bang: Thanks Johnny:rolleyes: I guess I'll get by to my landscaping now.:meh:

Well January has come and gone and this section is still pretty much dead. Back in November looked like process was being made on getting a short top made. Now that appears to have died again while another option shows up in the 40/55 section.:bang: Thanks Johnny:rolleyes: I guess I'll get by to my landscaping now.:meh:

Im going to contact the new option for soft tops that came up in the 40/55 section and see what he would be able to do. Ill let you know what i find out.

It has only died hear because of all those 'Negative Waves' coming from some members here LOL... Well ... Ok I should have kept my mouth shut :)

My landscaping involves shoveling out (snowblower) our house and then to my in laws to do theirs ... They don't want to spend the 30$ on a guy to come... They want me to kill my back instead :rolleyes:

It has only died hear because of all those 'Negative Waves' coming from some members here LOL... Well ... Ok I should have kept my mouth shut :)

My landscaping involves shoveling out (snowblower) our house and then to my in laws to do theirs ... They don't want to spend the 30$ on a guy to come... They want me to kill my back instead :rolleyes:

First CO then WA, now AZ is talking about legalizing pot. Maybe if that happens all those negative waves would go away.:hmm:

I know it has been tough here as well. Most of January day time temperature were in the mid seventies. February has really cooled off. Today's high temperature was in the mid sixties. I almost had to put on a long sleeve shirt.:rolleyes: My neighbor up north just bought a big snowblower and has a plow on his ATV. Which really helps out since the county has said do to budget cuts they will not be plowing out cul-de-sacs this winter. Of course it would have to snow from him to use them. Possibly this weekend.:clap:

Hey we're right behind in CT. Legal medical for a while now...............but no legal source. :idea: Legalized growers this year.......post a $2M bond to be forfeited if not in business within six months. That's from seed to what? Customers have to go to the local farmers market? :lol: Actually got four suckers to give it a go..........

On other notes I been using my cruisers.................as garage bay fillers and Ford haulers.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

And I apparently bought a plow truck that a little old man used only to plow his own driveway and rack up 70,000 local miles since '86..........................I only had to back it up once in four wheel drive to discover it came with the highly desired Dana 28........................the most fragile front axle known to man. :beer:
IMG_0165.jpg

I've broken axle joints in 44's before but never had a shaft twist apart at the yoke before......... :doh: After three renditions of straightening and fixing this, the last go around got the ujoint caps fully welded to both shafts mainly 'cuz there wasn't enough yoke left to work with. :hillbilly: So you think being a Ford this would be readily available new or used......................:lol:
IMG_0167.jpg

John, maybe I should have stuck with this setup?
IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

How in the world did west side story win so many awards... Took the wife out to see the 1961 movie (secretly hope to see an old toyota ... Wishful thinking lol) at the ol restored Palace Theater in Albany

Is it good and I missed it? The pr accents and steriotypes were horable ... There was so much corny we laughed in hysterics at times... The brite spot was the actress who played Maria and the cameo by Gomez Addams (John Astin)

I feel I lost 2hrs that would have been better used elsewhere :)

Nice video Peter W. ... Good thing it had translations lol

Question for you guys... Any of you guys sell stuff on ebay? Is it a pita? Any issues?

i used to sell stuff all the time. now it's too much of a pita, plus all payments have to go through paypal, which digs into your profits and is a pita to deal with.

Back in November looked like process was being made on getting a short top made. Now that appears to have died again while another option shows up in the 40/55 section.:bang:

Im going to contact the new option for soft tops that came up in the 40/55 section and see what he would be able to do. Ill let you know what i find out.

It has only died hear because of all those 'Negative Waves' coming from some members here LOL...

Another month and nothing.:hmm: I did finely get a PM from Phil who suggested taking his top and heading south of the border and get it done. Not sure I'm up to that too many bandits roaming around. I remember that movie that came out a just few years back:rolleyes: with John Wayne and Rock Hudson called the Undefeated. Plenty of bandits and couldn't even trust government officials.:bang: No need to head south of the border when plenty of talented craftsman have headed north. Just don't know if anyone else is perusing this.

Oh and Johnny I have been trying to avoid those negative waves.:)

Your doing very well... I think I am in the need of therapy after watching west side story ... Street gangs singing was WAY too much :) LOL

BTW I bet troll would get some tops made ... A group order.. He'll need a truck and template

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom