FJ Cruiser Pricing Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So this unit plugs into the OBD-II port?
Fully plug and play using maestro for steering controls and idatalink

everyrhing on steering controls works just like OEM
I get all the vehicle data - range/mpg and trans temp are what I use most. You can configure to much more data.

I get an additional rear camera display thats 7 inch in addition to the mini one in the rear view mirror

easiest install ever and best money I spent on “mod” as far as usability for my needs

Fully plug and play using maestro for steering controls and idatalink
I don't know exactly what that means (data interlink btw head and car's ECU I guess). I don't have steering wheel controls, so not worried about that. I have a Pioneer AVH-1440NEX headunit. I'm more curious about the data from the ECU and possibility of ditching the ScanGaugeII that I have. Does your headunit have the engine data app natively or its something you installed on your iPhone?

:banghead:Yes, I know how search works. I perused all their products for my vehicle. That site show products without explicitly stating what they do - if you are a professional A/V installer, it might mean something to you. I'm no electronics expert, so this ** is just a bunch of jargon. You guys aren't helping much by throwing links at me. I'm asking specific questions about @ryanCA 's installation, like how did you get engine data on your screen?

"The industry standard 'all-in-one' CAN interface module. Web-programmable for over 4000 vehicles 1997 to date including exclusive KLON firmware applications. Features single-wire connection to popular aftermarket remote start, vehicle security and convenience products equipped with an 'iDatalink' or 'DBI' serial port. The original member of the iData™ family. "

"Universal 'all-in-one' integration cartridge. Web-programmable data immobilizer bypass and doorlock integration for over 4000 vehicle models from 1997 to date including exclusive KLON firmware applications. Inserts directly in Blade-compatible remote start, vehicle security and convenience products for seamless integration."

Series:iDatastart HCiDatastart HCiDatalink BypassiDatalink BLADE
Vehicle make count:45454242
Vehicle model count:925192511017110170
Vehicle years:1988 ~ 20201988 ~ 20201988 ~ 20201988 ~ 2020
FirmwareRST-TLKRST-TLKTB-TLTB-TL
KLONNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Keys for Programming1 Key1 Key1 Key1 Key
Keys for InstallNoneNoneNoneNone
STANDARD
Downloadable Software
Serial Data Communication
2-Way Serial Data Communication
Feature Selection
Programming Menu V3
REMOTE START
Immobilizer Bypass - No Key Required

I don't know exactly what that means (data interlink btw head and car's ECU I guess). I don't have steering wheel controls, so not worried about that. I have a Pioneer AVH-1440NEX headunit. I'm more curious about the data from the ECU and possibility of ditching the ScanGaugeII that I have. Does your headunit have the engine data app natively or its something you installed on your iPhone?
What you see in screens, nothing is from phone. All came "natively" as you said on the headunit. I plugged the head unit in the back. And walah, all data live.

I know 0 about electronics. I can do mechanical things all day long. I walked into best buy, bought the Pioneer, idatalink, maestro. Thats what hte guy told me I needed. Came home, spent 2 hours (first time in my life doing any audio work), installing it. Followed the how to. Plug and play meaning, I took the plugs and pluged into the other plugs that went into the old OEM head unit. No wiring, no splicing. As I don't know how to do those things with confidence.

I just wanted:
  • navigation
  • carplay/android auto
  • Everything wireless
  • My steering controls all had to work as OEM
  • My bluetooth work as OEM
I didn't want like most aftermarket setups people have, horns don't work, bluetooth doesn't work, steering control doesn't work. When I explained to the guy, he told me the 3 things I needed (which I listed). I don't even listen to music. 90% of the features are lost on me.

I love the 7 inch backup screen. While playing with the unit, I found that it picks up all the things from the car's system, to show me. I tow my sand toys to the desert, havign the trans temp is handy.

Thats all I got buddy.

Last edited:
Yes, I know how search works.

thumb_lighten-up-francis-memecrunch-com-lighten-up-francis-50404420.png

What you see in screens, nothing is from phone. All came "natively" as you said on the headunit. I plugged the head unit in the back. And walah, all data live.

I know 0 about electronics. I can do mechanical things all day long. I walked into best buy, bought the Pioneer, idatalink, maestro. Thats what hte guy told me I needed. Came home, spent 2 hours (first time in my life doing any audio work), installing it. Followed the how to. Plug and play meaning, I took the plugs and pluged into the other plugs that went into the old OEM head unit. No wiring, no splicing. As I don't know how to do those things with confidence.

I just wanted:
  • navigation
  • carplay/android auto
  • Everything wireless
  • My steering controls all had to work as OEM
  • My bluetooth work as OEM
I didn't want like most aftermarket setups people have, horns don't work, bluetooth doesn't work, steering control doesn't work. When I explained to the guy, he told me the 3 things I needed (which I listed). I don't even listen to music. 90% of the features are lost on me.

I love the 7 inch backup screen. While playing with the unit, I found that it picks up all the things from the car's system, to show me. I tow my sand toys to the desert, havign the trans temp is handy.

Thats all I got buddy.
Thanks, this is very helpful.

An ozone generator does a fair job removing the smoke odor from everything, even what's hidden behind panels. But a good generator (5000mg) used for a full day or longer. And it may require treatments every month or two. Each treatment oxidizes the top layer of tar... once the stuff underneath soaks back out, another treatment...

An ozone generator does a fair job removing the smoke odor from everything, even what's hidden behind panels. But a good generator (5000mg) used for a full day or longer. And it may require treatments every month or two. Each treatment oxidizes the top layer of tar... once the stuff underneath soaks back out, another treatment...

I read up on this and lots of studies from several sources including EPA. They claim it is ineffective.

Do you have personal experience with these?

Found one on Amazon for $85

I learned the trick from a car rental company. And it has worked for me.

I've successfully used an ozone generator to remove smoke and odors from cars. It's not 100% - the odors will come back as the oils weep back to the surfaces - but it really does help. But you can't do 5 minutes and call it good - you need to ozone for hours. Last car I did was a Subaru my SO bought -- used by a guy who drove it for work for 10 years -- he never was without a cigarette. Vacuumed out all the dust I could, shampooed the upholstery, dehumidified for about 48 hours to dry everything: then ozoned another 24 hours. It didn't smell bad when I was done. But needed another treatment a few months later. And I am ultra sensitive to third hand smoke.

My recipe: I closed all the windows, left the generator inside, turned it on continuous, and walked away. Next day turned it off, opened all the windows and let it air a couple hours.

That said, ymmv.

ps: I own these two models: the smaller unit was used on the Subaru
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8MC68M
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LUY15D6

For $85 I might try it as I also have some apartments I rent and occasionally I have to get rid of Pet Odor, Cigarette Smoke and recently Curry.

I love some Indian food, but Geez that smell will NOT dissipate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom