FJ Cruiser Pricing Question

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by 000doodie000, Apr 6, 2018.

1. 000doodie000

000doodie000

Media:
    2014 Used Toyota FJ Cruiser 4WD 4dr Automatic at WeBe Autos Serving Long Island, NY, IID 16951754

Saw this one posted. I just have to ask "Really?"

Don't get me wrong, I think its pretty Dang cool. I know this was the last year they were made. (Only 4 years ago) The miles are extremely low. (9 miles)
    If it were perfect... then maybe (not my money, but possibly a collector)?
    What would the audience be on something like this? I almost purchased one of these two years ago with 20k miles. for 37K.

Are prices on these FJs really that crazy? I'm just looking for thoughts from folks that know and love these. I think they are cool and I'd love to have one but for this cash I think Id go for a well sorted FJ40/43. (I know that is personal opinion) But I really am curious.

Thanks

2. 1911

1911 chupacabra

Media:
    Albums:
    The seller is praying a really really stupid person will stumble on their ad.

No, not anything like that. The Trail Team edition is not that rare, just an option package with a lot of extra gee gaws in it.

3. 000doodie000

000doodie000

Media:
    Ok.. that is what I was thinking. 40K 4 years ago does not strike me as 68K today. That would be crazy inflation. :/

Good to know I'm not way off base.

4. firensteel

firensteel

OMG, that is stupid pricing. I saw a 2010 TTSE Sandstorm from SF with 90K going for $18K recently. I guess I should have bought it for my son but it got snapped up pretty quick. We have a new apprentice at work who just moved to Sacramento from Oakland with a brick (non TTSE but 4wd and diff lock and A-Trac) at work and he paid $19k for that 08 2 years ago with 80K on the clock. You have to look around, some prices are stupid but deals are out there.I am looking for a Taco for my son for next September when he gets his license and the prices are all over the map. I still have local Toyota dealers sending me mailings advertising that they will pay me 125% of KBB for my TTSE.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  5. ttFJC

ttFJC

just my two cents...i would buy this over a TRD PRO.

yeah its stupid pricing. and the TTSE arent that rare but more uncommon. but you get the prestige of saying you paid extra for them to not paint the black plactic trim. because the blackout package costs extra.

but if it was a 6MT...that would be a unicorn.

but theres an ass for every seat and they will get their asking price. someone with $$$ will decide they want it.

6. trekker9

trekker9

Media:
    Albums:
    Way older, but i just bought an 07 with 100,000 in Michigan for $15,900.

7. ttFJC

ttFJC

that’s not a fair comparison . Yours is first year from the rust belt. The one from the op is highest trim last latest and greatest. With no miles one it. Just saying

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.