FJ Cruiser Pricing Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1000Taco0001

SILVER Star
Threads
2014 Used Toyota FJ Cruiser 4WD 4dr Automatic at WeBe Autos Serving Long Island, NY, IID 16951754

Saw this one posted. I just have to ask "Really?"

Don't get me wrong, I think its pretty Dang cool. I know this was the last year they were made. (Only 4 years ago) The miles are extremely low. (9 miles)
If it were perfect... then maybe (not my money, but possibly a collector)?
What would the audience be on something like this? I almost purchased one of these two years ago with 20k miles. for 37K.

Are prices on these FJs really that crazy? I'm just looking for thoughts from folks that know and love these. I think they are cool and I'd love to have one but for this cash I think Id go for a well sorted FJ40/43. (I know that is personal opinion) But I really am curious.

Thanks

What would the audience be on something like this?

The seller is praying a really really stupid person will stumble on their ad.

Are prices on these FJs really that crazy?

No, not anything like that. The Trail Team edition is not that rare, just an option package with a lot of extra gee gaws in it.

The seller is praying a really really stupid person will stumble on their ad.

Ok.. that is what I was thinking. 40K 4 years ago does not strike me as 68K today. That would be crazy inflation. :/

No, not anything like that. The Trail Team edition is not that rare, just an option package with a lot of extra gee gaws in it.

Good to know I'm not way off base.

OMG, that is stupid pricing. I saw a 2010 TTSE Sandstorm from SF with 90K going for $18K recently. I guess I should have bought it for my son but it got snapped up pretty quick. We have a new apprentice at work who just moved to Sacramento from Oakland with a brick (non TTSE but 4wd and diff lock and A-Trac) at work and he paid $19k for that 08 2 years ago with 80K on the clock. You have to look around, some prices are stupid but deals are out there.I am looking for a Taco for my son for next September when he gets his license and the prices are all over the map. I still have local Toyota dealers sending me mailings advertising that they will pay me 125% of KBB for my TTSE.

Last edited:
just my two cents...i would buy this over a TRD PRO.

yeah its stupid pricing. and the TTSE arent that rare but more uncommon. but you get the prestige of saying you paid extra for them to not paint the black plactic trim. because the blackout package costs extra.

but if it was a 6MT...that would be a unicorn.

but theres an ass for every seat and they will get their asking price. someone with $$$ will decide they want it.

Way older, but i just bought an 07 with 100,000 in Michigan for $15,900.
that’s not a fair comparison . Yours is first year from the rust belt. The one from the op is highest trim last latest and greatest. With no miles one it. Just saying

Fair price? Sorry, but not enough info to make an informed decision. If your willing to pay asking amount, it's fair.

Fair price? Sorry, but not enough info to make an informed decision. If your willing to pay asking amount, it's fair.
According to seller: Totally stock, never off-road, 2 owner, 200,000 miles — asking $13,000

A little high. should be in the $11-12 neighborhood tops. Any maintenance records rust underneath? What transmission and options. Power outlet? 6 speed brings more.

I’m scared of the mileage @ 200,000+ but should I be?

Not if it's been maintained, oil changed regularly, etc.

Mine has over 200,000 hard miles on it, but it doesn't leak or burn a drop of oil, and still runs like new - but I've maintained it well and it's had nothing but synthetic oil in it since the 1st oil change. Can they show you any maintenance records?

I have mentioned this before but ..again.. we have a Tacoma ext cab at work with over 550,000 miles, same engine and auto trans as FJ. Just ok maintenance, runs great. I used it many times to tow a welder to job sites. If you can do compression checks and get maint. history, 200,000 should be fine.

Bought a 2007 Automatic with 231,000 miles for $8000. It's pretty clean and with what I saved I can do some stuff to it.

2007 FJ Cruiser 1.jpg
2007 FJ Cruiser 2.jpg
2007 FJ Cruiser - Rear Diff Lock.jpg
2007 FJ Cruiser - Floor Mats.jpg

It does wreak of Cigarette smoke. Gotta find a cure for that.
No Remote Key fob. Not a big deal for me.
A/C not working. Hope it just needs re-charged.
Plan on upgrading stereo head unit to something with Bluetooth. Any recommendations?

It does wreak of Cigarette smoke. Gotta find a cure for that.
No Remote Key fob. Not a big deal for me.
A/C not working. Hope it just needs re-charged.
Plan on upgrading stereo head unit to something with Bluetooth. Any recommendations?

Cigarette smoke--------- It's a tough one because it leaches into the foam in the seats. I use Biocide Auto Shocker kits and they work well. May need 2-3 treatments pending smoke saturation. I also put a pan of white vinegar on the floor for a day or two prior to these treatments.

J

Here is my stereo with Bluetooth and Applecarplay. Was plug and play. Nice big rear view camera in it. Shows al tire temps, gas tank range, shows Trans Temp and all other vitals. Even shows spare tire psi.

Got any more details on that head unit? That’s what I’ve been thinking about wanting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom