FJ 60 Smog Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

Hey all! New member here and just wanted to thank you for all the knowledge I find on these posts :) I have a question regarding the smog pump on my 87 FJ 60. It has completely seized up and wont turn at all. I read somewhere that If I remove and disassemble, I can basically reinstall it so even though it doesnt really work, the belt still has a pulley to turn on. Is this possible? I dont live in Cali, so the smog is not a concern to me. What do you guys think?

Thanks again for all your help!
PS...just finished replacing my 287K stock springs with the 3" Pinnacle engineering spring lift...IM IN LOVE!!!

don't know that for sure but i've heard(read) it some where.
as for me the P.O of my 60(also on 3" pinnacle springs!!) removed the air pump replaced it with a bracket and pulley.

Absolutely true. Pull it, open it up, and remove the vanes on the rotor. You'll see what I mean when you get it open. Had to do this at Moab '02 when a waggy air pump siezed on the trail. We had it fixed in about 40 minutes...Alan

Thanks for your help guys. Chef, I did exactly what you said. Took me much longer than 40 mins...but I'm working on that :) Once I had the smog pump out, it was really easy to take apart and remove the insides. Thanks again for your help on this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom