Fj 40 Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I Have Another Question I Know Someone Can Help Me With. When I Purchased My 72 Fj It Came With A New Set Of Leaf Springs That I I'm Just Now Getting Ready To Install. My Question Is Two Of Them Have A Higher Arch Than The Other Two. The Two That Have The Lower Arch Or Just A Little Bit Longer. Which Or For The Front And Which Or The Rear. Thanks For Any Help.

Im going to help you get this up to the top of the list for some more help. but i would say but set of springs that are stiffer in the front because the engine ways more then the rear would be. thats just an idea but i dont know why you have two differnt springs. im sure someone smarter with chime in soon and give you a better answer.

im going to say the higher arch goes in the front

what springs are they?

generally, you have 7 leaves in the front and 6 in the rear. on some aftermarket kits i have seen, the higher arch is in the rear. just to confuse you. do not know on your set if leaf counts are all the same jim

On my aftermarkets, the fronts are 6 leaf, the rears are 5 leaf, but the rear springs have a higher arch than the front. Since they have one less leaf, they will flatten out more than the fronts when weight is put on them. Both springs are really the same length, but since the fronts are flatter they seem longer.

Count the number of leaves then put the stiffer ones up front.

Don't Know The Brand They Are A 2inch Left And They All Have The Same Amount Of Leafs My Guess Was Also That The Higher Arch Went To The Back But Just Not Sure, Thanks For All Your Replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom