FJ 40 Fuel Gauge Help (1 Viewer)

I am attempting to rebuild a dash cluster with aftermarket gauges. Volt, oil & temp identified. Can someone provide any information on a fuel gauge I can use that will work with my stock, under the passenger seat gas tank and the original sending unit.
TK

In in the same boat. When I bought my 40 it had a functional aftermarket gas gauge with a matching aftermarket sender. But I scrapped the sender and went stock, now gauge just reads full all the time.

The problem is matching up the ohms from the sender to the gauge. I did find some “programmable “ gauges on Summit but don’t know if they will work.

If I find an answer I’ll let you know. Right now it’s a can of worms I don’t want to open because for me I will have to replace my tank, sender and gauge.

Ohms values changed at 9/72, plus pre 9/72 also worked on a 7 volt drop, so almost impossible to do anything with the pre 9/72, but rigs produced after 9/72 work on a 120 ohms empty by 17 ohms full, and on a full 12 volts.

Jim, thanks. Sounds like I'm SOL since I am using a tank from a 70. Perhaps I need to go old school and keep a wood dowl rod handy as a "dip stick"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom