Builds Fix'n up the Land Cruiser..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upgraded door lights to super bright 12 panels. I was very tempted to squeeze two of these in each door, but that's just crazy-crazy!

IMG_1486.JPG

Yesterday my rear window wiper stopped working. After investigating, I found a broken wire in the hatch to body wire loom. I split her open and performed some surgery. It was sad to ruin the beautiful OE wire loom, but had no choice. Taped her all back up and the wiper works great again...:bounce2:

IMG_1488.JPG

Ran Snake lake loop clockwise this last weekend and tested Metal Tech's sliders and Sean's rear bumper. They did there job well!!! Both prevented a lot of body damage and me from crying......Money well spent!

While I did get a million pinstripes, only a few really showed after washing and only these scratches below were bad...

IMG_1520.JPG

Metal Tech sliders...

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

Sean's bumper saving my rear corner...

IMG_1521.JPG

Installed a PYLE PSP8 all weather 5-Inch trumpet speaker under my secondary battery tray to use with my CB. I drilled two holes in the bottom of the battery tray to attach the speaker with a zip tie. The pre-attached audio cord was ran along the fender, through the firewall grommet and plugged into the CB.

Placement for this speaker was trial and error to allow for both an out of sight location, and maximum volume. Trying to install it by the firewall cut the audible volume in half.

IMG_1529.JPG

Also replaced a leaking heater hose attached to the heater control valve. looks like I'll need to replace all the heater hoses as PM now...

Cut the hose for easy removal.

IMG_1526.JPG

New hose from NAPA part# 11333...

IMG_1531.JPG

Installed fan for a/c condenser. I will be tapping into the factory a/c pressure switch for acticvation.

uploadfromtaptalk1435881349428.jpg

Also installed a battery tender Jr since I don't drive it enough at times.[emoji20]

uploadfromtaptalk1435881447203.jpg

LUCKILY we had spares in the group. His truck only has 115k so his Heater Control Valve was in good condition. But most HCVs are a mess inside and should be replaced.
That's great to hear. Agree on the heater valve. Those things crumble without notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom