Builds Fix'n up the Land Cruiser..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also just replaced my broken exhaust mounts. Last two time I drove it the exhaust rattle sounded like shat....

20160721_103723.jpg

20170421_162727.jpg

Finally installed these bad boys. Hopefully this will keep things all tight now! Kept getting creeping wheel wobble after so many miles and tired of constantly adjusting them.....

View attachment 1446794

Finally installed these bad boys. Hopefully this will keep things all tight now! Kept getting creeping wheel wobble after so many miles and tired of constantly adjusting them.....

Had mine for about 5,000 miles. Sucks to report that pre-load was lost (12-6 wiggle) and I'll need to adjust in the next couple days. Had high hopes initially...:(

Had mine for about 5,000 miles. Sucks to report that pre-load was lost (12-6 wiggle) and I'll need to adjust in the next couple days. Had high hopes initially...:(

Bummer. Hope mine lasts longer, but I don't rack up many miles as I stay pretty local and don't use it daily.

Purchased a propane tank mount. Installed it with some quick fists to my ladder swingout. Tank just came in and it fits perfect in this location! Another item out of the precious cabin space.

20170502_134236.jpg
20170509_152714.jpg

PO had a Borla muffler installed that started to rattle and buzz and needed replaced. I have never liked the ricey sound that thing made anyways, so time to get rid of it. I wanted a nice quiet muffler. After searching on here it looks like OEM or Bosal replacement is the choice. It was suppose to be a bolt on piece, but when I went to install it i couldn't. The last person spot welded the front lower flange bolt and ran a bead on the top part of the flange. So I chopped the ends off and just had a buddy weld it on for me. OMG what a sound difference!!! It's like sitting in a quiet library now.....I did lose a couple square inches of clearance compared to the old smaller one, but I will take my chances for the enjoyment of this silence!

20170512_145257.jpg
20170512_151925.jpg

Last edited:
This girl was putting on some weight on the back loaded up and throwing my ride hight off at all for corners. Added a 30mm spacer in the L/R and she is almost flat now! Yay me. I think once I'm in the driver's seat and the tank is full it will drop the other 1/4 on the left side....

Before loaded with fridge, camp gear, 3 jerry cans, propane tank, tools and spare tire plus 1/4 tank of gas...

L/F 24 7/8 R/F 24 3/4

L/R 23 3/4 R/R 24 1/4

After drove around to settle it in...

L/F 24 3/4 R/F 24 1/2

L/R 24 3/4 R/R 24 1/2

20170602_110614.jpg

Well, two years later and my truck is finally off of jack stands... Started 2 years ago and finally finished installing all front control arm bushings. (bad divorce past 2 1/2 years kept penny's TIGHT)

Sunday my four kids and I were t-boned downtown on the way to church in my 2010 Sierra. Luckily we all walked away from it. Truck is toast. So had to put the 80 back together.

Think a turbo might be in order now...

Well, two years later and my truck is finally off of jack stands... Started 2 years ago and finally finished installing all front control arm bushings. (bad divorce past 2 1/2 years kept penny's TIGHT)

Sunday my four kids and I were t-boned downtown on the way to church in my 2010 Sierra. Luckily we all walked away from it. Truck is toast. So had to put the 80 back together.

Think a turbo might be in order now...

Wow, Glad your all ok brother!!

Wow, crazy man! Glad you’re okay! Good thin you’ve still got your 80. In the photos showing your TG lock nut and ring, it looks like you’re running longfields. How do you like them?

Wow, crazy man! Glad you’re okay! Good thin you’ve still got your 80. In the photos showing your TG lock nut and ring, it looks like you’re running longfields. How do you like them?

Thnx guys. They are stock axles.

Last edited:
PM and getting ready for the turbo kit. 🚜💨

In with a new OEM fuel filter and out with an unknown.

New OEM 02. I swear everything I have taken out has been cheap aftermarket...and with half the gasket gone and visible blow-by, pretty sure AFR were off....

Last edited:
Fubar'd one of my upper arms during bushing removal, so I ordered and installed two new ones along with new OEM bushings. The difference with all new bushings front and rear makes the truck drive SOOOOOO NICE!!! I am very happy with the money and effort put into this maintenance item.
Makes the new DD a dream to drive. Go figure, It felt fine before. You just do not know until you actually do it. Just like new shocks and springs...

20190719_192655.jpg

20190719_203950.jpg

Slow at work so wipped down the engine bay...

20190723_152758.jpg

Also installed Scan Gauge 2. I have always wondered about temps since the fan clutch mod and ACC fan. Will get to see how she does this afternoon in stop n go traffic and during the weekend when it hits 106ish deg here.

20190725_125407.jpg

Rotate OBD2 port to fit the plug-in..

20190725_124825.jpg

Cover fits now..

20190726_192847.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom